hello everyone. Clutch problem

nikostrik123

Registered
Hello every one, Niko here, I own a 2000 busa & usually do my own services on it. My bike has 54,000 miles on an original clutch (i don't ride it really hard) which i recently had replaced by my friends shop.

I was going to put a barnet in it but decided to go with the stock one. i think that the 2000 added a clutch plate, but never the less, when i got it back i had nothing but problems with the new one:banghead:.

Slipping not engaging & getting stuck in gear when high revd. it's back in the shop now & waiting to see the results, i got lazy & should had don it my self, any advice on this will be appreciated, thanks.

Bellow is one of my how to vids that i posted on YouTube, a Hobie of mine, the other was of my last weekends out & about with a buddy. thanks

..:beerchug:..

umm... do u know if they soaked the plates in oil and the last plate if in correctly? i replaced my whole clutch including basket and replaced my second gear aswell, but realize when putting my clutch back in... it is extremely easy

Hi niko, are you Greek too? :lol: They said they did but who knows, they have one more chance to get it right. Thanks for the advice. We got the plates & new springs, no basket, hopefully it's not ruined, I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the reply. :beerchug:

They're doing that as we speak, (I know I'm not hallucinating) hopefully the michanick will see his error.....???

Last edited:
There is a different install process and part number for earlier bikes (like my o1) make sure you have the right stuff.

Sounds to me like he either didnt get the right clutch pack or didnt put them in right.

There is a different install process and part number for earlier bikes (like my o1) make sure you have the right stuff.

Sounds to me like he either didnt get the right clutch pack or didnt put them in right.
Thanks, I told that nucklehead, that on the 2000 busa, they added a clutch plate. They have been wrong with my parts before. Freinds shop or not, after this, if I can't do it, the work isn't going to them, that's for sure.

informative is good...

loose the indian music or whatever it was.. second video clashed with music and engines sounds..

Back