Brake Issue

Garrison34

Registered
well my rear brakes have not been right for a while when i hit the rear brake leaver i have to push it all the way till it hits my exhaust and even then it reallly dosnt do anything just kinda sets aginst the rotor when i take it off it looks like the thing that pushes the pads is stuck only moves slightly and i have no tension on my brake leaver it hasnt been right since i streached it though any help advive or links would be great i stuck right now

Did you fully bleed it after the new install? A hand operatated vaccum pump makes it a much easier job. I know one or two of the site sponsers offer those.

Here are the pics

100_1846.jpg

100_1847.jpg

100_1848.jpg

i would say if a proper bleeding doesnt fix it, then you prolly need a rear master cylinder. and btw what is that caliper off of? it doesnt look like my busa caliper.

i would rebuild them personally, its not hard just if u have air compressor it makes it alil easier

Your master cylinder is most likely just fine. More than likely it's just air trapped in your brake like. Rears can be a ***** sometimes and my guess is you have to much brake line with high spots that trap air. You may have to take the caliper off and hang it up above the bike to stretch it out to allow the air to migrate to the caliper then bleed it?

Damn stretches, alway a pain in the arse! :poke:

Oh, and just because you had a shop do your work don't make it right! Every track day there are guys who show up with chains popcorn tight and the rider says "I just had it serviced at the dealer"!

take the brake lines off them, brake pads out, and get alil piece of wood about 1/4 inch thick and with a air compressor nozzle blow it into the where the brake hoses are and it will force the pistons to come out all the way against the wood, the reason for the wood is so that u dont damage the pistons, take the wood out then wiggle the pistons out all the way, have acouple lil bottles of extra brake fluid so u can clean out everything from inside the caliber and use a rag or paper tower to clean the pistons themselfs aswell. if u dont have a mighty-vac i would advise to get one.. it does great with bleeding...

another note, its not just air because one set of the pistons is moving and the others are not

Last edited:
Back