exhausting situation guys!!!!

showknows

Registered
i will make this as short as possible, i have a 2000 hayabusa with 13lbs of boost. the bike ran great until 1 day i went out and she started loosing boost , shortly there after the bike would not rpm over 6200 and hasn't for the last 2 freakin months. i've tried figuring this out with several people as there is no shop within a 1000 kms of me. the bike idles great, starts great , i've changed the fuel pump and rectifyer, the injectors are new , the diaphram and shim in the fmu are both fine and the fmu will increase fuel pressure fine also. the ignition coils and plugs are fine, the stator has great power, no fuses are blown, the computer is showing no codes, no burnt or broken wires found, i even ran the bike in the dark to check for ground or spark issues and nothing. i even changed the kickstand switch!

its nothing mechanical , and everything sounds great until i start revving it up and at 3800rpm exactly every freakin time, she will drop fuel pressure from 40psi to about 20 psi and bounce from 20 to 30 psi quickly, at 6200rpm shes done and it sounds like a rev limiter sound when it hits that rpm. what in the f--k am i missing guys???:please:

my first thought is that you have a loss of compression. i would do a compression check, both wet and dry.

then as i read your post i see that you may have a fuel pressure problem. new pump though? same fuel pressure readings with the old, and new pump?

my first thought is that you have a loss of compression. i would do a compression check, both wet and dry.

then as i read your post i see that you may have a fuel pressure problem. new pump though? same fuel pressure readings with the old, and new pump?

yup, exactly the same, 3800rpm she losses pressure and 6200 rpm she just cuts out like a rev limiter! i just took off the fuel rail and it all looks fine , my next idea is to zip tie the injectors to the fuel rail to keep them in place and turn this bi--h over and see if we have even spray out of the injectors

have you done a Boost leak test.? (what I done always was get an air pressure regulator set it a couple pounds higher- say 15psi, run it inline from your air compressor and on the other side of the regulater drill a hole in an endcap of a pvc tube that fits inside your rubber tube that comes from the compressor, clamp it down and charge it up.. all your doing is simulating boost as if you where under load)
How To: DIY...another boost leak tester - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

have you reset the computer at all.?

maybe a bad sparkplug wire/pack?

I'm thinking its more of an ignition/computer issue? than a fuel otherwise she would have just run lean and made worse things happen than just cut out like a rev limiter..? I very well could be wrong on this. if there where a computer checking your fuel pressure and than limiting the spark than maybe...

but yeah a compression/leak down test is always a good idea anyway for turbo stuff.

I have had a similar problem. it was the begi fmu causing the trouble. I do not like them much. Those freekin shims. sometimes will go bad in 10 miles. I know you checked it. but it still sounds like the problem to me.

I know this sounds stupid, but do you have a Scorpio alarm? We had a member that had the same issues and it wound up being the alarm. Dont ask me how or why, but it was the problem. He unhooked it and it ran fine after that.

Back