Boy do i feel dumb!!!

BigBadDodge

Registered
Pulled the rear cowling the other night to check the rear master as my brakes are a bit spongy, well apparently when i put it back together i forgot to hook the cable from the lock back together, didnt put the seat back on since i'm painting a solo i bought, well this morning after some wet sanding and buffing i still wasnt happy with it but put it on to see how it looked....And now i cant pull it off:rofl:

Any ideas on how to get in there to flip that lil thing the cable pulls, the rear cowl is all finished and one piece like a hot bodies or that type

No worries, this happens a lot more than you think.
Do a search, or wait, and the experts will arrive soon to walk you through this.
Bubba

done it twice, i now put a piece of red tape tape over the latch soon as I unhook the dang thing. I ended up cutting a hole in the undertail big enough to get my hand through then platiwelded it back when finished:whistle:

WOW i am really glad i'm not alone, after some careful looking and realizing my fat hands werent gonna be able to fish the lock, i was able to unscrew all of the stupid skull light bolts that hold the 2 piece undertail together and sneak my hand in from the back above the taillights and release it, took forever and chipped the paint in a few spots but nothing a black sharpie didnt take care of :whistle:

And as a bonus i broke some of the wiring for those skull light bolts so it gave me a good reason to clean up the wiring and the eyes no longer light up:thumbsup:

Never unhook the cable. Take the two screws out and you will never have it happen again.

And yes, it happened to Me when I was assembling my bike after I painted it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know if I should post this "aloud" lol... but what I always done (yes, it's happend to me too. haha!) I got a coat hanger, straightend it out, at one end I did a V or angled it down and went fishing between the hump where your helmet strap goes, and just pull the release.. no breaking anything or scratching and with a bright light and some luck it just takes a few min :)

Back