181 Miles / 2 Days - Out for a Freaking 7 - 10

rlmx

Registered
:-(:evil::butbut:::9

Unbelievable. My first time experience with a nice bike. I called Suzuki USA, they don't even really act like it is a big deal. Bought it on Friday, July 23. By Sunday, July 25 it malfunctioned. Displayed F1, dash dimmed - it died. I don't know exactly what the part is, an electrical module of some kind. The dealer cannot get the part in until next week.

I am stuck in a Ford F-150. The drive to and from work stinks.:banghead:

The really hard part is that my neigbor is a Honda fan, he told me that nothing is as reliable as a Honda. Now he is going to get a great laugh out of this.

That stinks but I'm glad to hear they found the issue and are going to get you back on the road soon (but not soon enough!!) :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry about your misfortune. Keep in mind it's a machine and perfectly capable of having a glitch. I have owned sever new busa's and never had a problem of any kind. Just the luck of the draw.

Look at the positive side, it's only a week until you are off on a wonderful new experience! :thumbsup:

Be patient, I'm sure it will come together. Suzuki is not your favorite car dealer down the street, that takes care of you well. It is what it is, but the Busa remains the king of motorcycles and the more you ride it, the more you will love it.

I can accept the fact that I purchased a unit that just happens to have a defect. However, I live with the philosophy that the true test of a company’s values is on display when a customer has a problem with a one of their products. If the response is "ho-hum", then all the talk about customer service and quality is just a bunch of hot air.

The rep that I spoke with today at Suzuki promised to research this problem. She indicated that she would try to find some way to get the part to the dealer faster. It will be interesting to see if A) She follows through and calls back and if B) Suzuki tries to extend some sort of gratitude for my inconvenience.

I can accept the fact that I purchased a unit that just happens to have a defect. However, I live with the philosophy that the true test of a company’s values is on display when a customer has a problem with a one of their products. If the response is "ho-hum", then all the talk about customer service and quality is just a bunch of hot air.

The rep that I spoke with today at Suzuki promised to research this problem. She indicated that she would try to find some way to get the part to the dealer faster. It will be interesting to see if A) She follows through and calls back and if B) Suzuki tries to extend some sort of gratitude for my inconvenience.

It's all going to boil down to the dealership and how they carry out their business. Some are outstanding with customer service...most stink (IMO). The majority, in this situation, will probably pat themselves on the back for simply getting you back up and running in a "reasonable" time frame. What's reasonable to you/me and to them are usually worlds apart. I've been reading threads recently that when guys have issues like this, they end up having to leave it at the dealership more than once for them to fumble their way upon the answer. If it helps, they're probably not used to getting bikes brought back in with issues since Suzuki sportbikes are pretty reliable.
BEST OF LUCK.

Last edited:
Very ironic! There are two of us in the new owners section with the exact same problem. Mine happened at 171 miles, they replaced the battery, and then again at 421. They are now replacing the regulator. The second individual (bike down thread) happened right arond 200 and they are replacing the regulator.

Last edited:
Misery loves company, right? Same thing happened to me. Bought the bike brand new & took off for the smokey mountains for a 5 day trip. about 1200 miles in, in the mountains, the voltage rectifier failed stranding me. I bought the bike so that I wouldn't have any problems, trading in my old faithful CBR1100xx.

It is the voltage regulator. Fortunately for me, MR CYCLES in Asheville, NC, generously took a part of a floor bike for mine. Big props to them!!

It seems to be a common issue.

:-(:evil::butbut:::9

Unbelievable. My first time experience with a nice bike. I called Suzuki USA, they don't even really act like it is a big deal. Bought it on Friday, July 23. By Sunday, July 25 it malfunctioned. Displayed F1, dash dimmed - it died. I don't know exactly what the part is, an electrical module of some kind. The dealer cannot get the part in until next week.

I am stuck in a Ford F-150. The drive to and from work stinks.:banghead:

:welcome: What dealer did u get it from?

Back