Help!! look what I found bout my motor

Slowboy

Registered
Well took my bike to the shop to get the tranny pulled... And then the guy calls me the next day and shows me the Valves!!!!

Untitled 11111.jpg

Untitled  11111.jpg

Untitled  33333.jpg

Isn't that just carbon build up??? can't a fuel additive take care of it ??? Not tech sorry if my comment is idiotic. sure some more knowledgeable people be here soon.

they pulled the head to replace the tranny? ? ?

That is a view from the intake port...........

Use the lowest octane rating without pinging and that coking problem will go away. In the meantime, use some Berrymans or Sea Foam in the fuel to wear that stuff down.

communta mentioned a few days ago what I used to do on some of my hotrods. Take a spray bottle of water and shoot a couple sprays down the TB;s when she;s running,that will scorch the gunk off the valves.

Those valves looks like he has been running 87 octane. I run the premium .
when I had the valve clearance checked on my V-max at 52,000 you could eat off of them, No gunk,no deposits. They looked like they were brand new out of the box.

yeah I hope thats all!! Guy said he couldn't believe it wasn't smoking!! don't know what he meant by that ???

you can take the air box off....then turn the bike on and with a spray bottle lightly and patiently, mist the intake ports....very lightly....just like bobber mentioned....

Back