Maintaining Jack Shaft, Wide Tire Set Ups!

Synista

Registered
I was reaching out to all the Jack Shaft, Wide Tire Busa Riders! Any one with Advice on maintaining your kit, keeping an eye on and signs of problems or failing and sounds you shouldn't be hearing, tell me about your experience! I have an 07 with a 330 and would like to come back to this post, if I have any issues!

Ok..I missed this orig thread. Thanks for the PM..and here is your INFO. Get ready you may loose your mind:laugh:
After blowing my apart TWICE..I now call them CrapShafts.:whistle:
You have two chains to keep after in tension:
1)Always have the bike set at ride height (those with air ride KNOW what Im talking about).
2)adjust the front chain 1st and make sure the cog is tracking correct.
3) do the rear chain..then free spin the wheel to check all things for tracking.

What to look for:
The curve of the teeth on the crapshaft cog....will start to have curve effect like shark if over tightening has been happening.

Always check BOTH chains before riding. ( depends on the arm you have and how the crog is adjusted and OR COVERED OVER)

My C&S bearings went arfter 16passed down the 1/4. C&S replaced the bearins with so called heavier bearings...said" go and run it at the track now".
CRAP....only street riding, 4 passes and the track and another 1300 miles street riding..those blow out. NOW here is the thing. The second set went much diff than the 1st bearings.
First set flow the outer left ring apart and damaged the spacer.
Second set just blow apart the BBS inside then and took the cog with it and the front chain.

Im OSD 330 now and love it...no BS middle cog to adjust and keep replacing. I gained 5hp and 5lbs torgue from the swap.

If you are ONLY street riding...its iffy, but IM hearing more and more peep blowing out the crapshafts now. Best thing you can do is KEEP very close eye on it and keep adjusted and not OVER tighten the chains.

Say yes to the fatties, but NO to the crapshafts:laugh: I do NOT mean to scare you off, but scare you into keeping attention to adjustments.

If your arm is covered at the crapshaft cog....pull that cover ever so often to check things: metal shaving, cocked cog, loose adjustment to the cog alignment and so furth.:beerchug:

Remember once you mod a stocker...you have to keep attention to the mods!

Thanks; Very, Very Helpful info! I'm going to go check things out, right now! I think as far OSD goes, I might be out of luck! The arm is 14 to 20 and think that's too long, I'll have to check and see! Thanks again!

Thanks; Very, Very Helpful info! I'm going to go check things out, right now! I think as far OSD goes, I might be out of luck! The arm is 14 to 20 and think that's too long, I'll have to check and see! Thanks again!

not to be a pessimist or whatever. but what logic does a 14-20 adjustable serve? when its 20 over its for show then pull it in to 14 over for a jaunt through the twisties.. :lol:

Thanks for the information. I have question about the chains adjustment. Does the first chain in the front should be really tight or just like the regular chain.

Didnt know you can run those on the track.Figured they would blow from the stress.Is that 330 tire slow down the track??Just seems like a lot of drag but I dont know.

Back