RPMs??

Big Moe

Registered
Hello Fam, Ive done several searches and have not found the answer to this...When the bike is on the kickstand while in neutral and idling it is at 1500 rpm. And when I sit the bike upright in neutral and idling the rpm drop to 1000. Does anyone knows what this means or is this normal? Thanks in advance and have a great 4th!!

could be that where the fast idle cable runs round the headstock it has lifted up behind the steering lock causing it to take a longer route, then when the bike is on side stand and steering is towards left lock the cable is stretched and idles fast, i had this on my bike and added a tie wrap to keep it on position

aitch:bowdown:

hi guys
greetings from Greece!! :beerchug:

I have a similar problem...well kinda...
when I start up the engine it idles at 1100-1150 rpm
But when it gets warmer (or hot to be more precise) :whistle:
it idles at 1800!!!!!
sometimes even if warm, it goes down to 1200-1300 rpm for
a while and then it revs up again to 1800rpm!!!

why is she doing that???????

Thanx

Nikos

BigMoe As the others have suggested check your fast idle (choke) cable and throttle cables for overtightening. Tight is good, but if overtightened the cables will pull when the handle bars are turned causing the idle to raise/drop.

busapontiara / Nikos Your problem could be due to one of several things. You still on the '03? What mods? Ever had the throttle bodies synced? Checked the TPS? Is it safe to assume that you've corrected your fuel pump issues posted about in '08?

Truth is that the bike was in my garage for the last 1 year.
I just got it out last week, changed her oil and oil filter and rear brake pads.
I didn't had the time to look into the fuelpump thing though.
You see the problem is that I do not trust anybody here in my city in Greeceto
start digging in my motor.
So I prefer to do some things on my own with your American help !!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sounds like a fast idle or throttle cable that need lubing or might be routed wierd try turning the bars straight, left and right watch for rpm jump or drop it usually will not have any effect if upright or on the stand just take care of it asap if it does this i wadded up my dirt bike once because of this went around a corner motor reved up just enoughto stand me up and tried to climb a big pine tree

Back