06 with big bore kit has tranny probs

busa matt

Registered
i know this is not a shock to you guys but i am picking up an 06 bus with a big bore kit and it has a bad trans from what i was told by owner. wont know till i dig in, but what is the best way to go about this? new parts, get mine undercut? let me know what you all think.

It's "probably" not broken beyond repair, so I would send it to 1 of several companies and have it undercut.

ok. the motor has about 7k on it and it just recently started to happen. the stealership told him he needed a new trans, and he couldnt afford to fix it, so i am trading him a tl1000r for it and im gonna tear into it. from searching i found that alot of times it is the shift forks that can cause this as well as needing to undercut 2nd. do you all think i should replace the forks and rods, or just have 2nd undercut?

Replace the rods send it out for undercut. Send the forks and drum with the tranny for inspection. Plan on having to replace a fork or two.

ok so you think new forks and rods? i dont wanna do it twice is all. at least not for a while anyway.

Always rods, aftermarket tool steel ones will prevent some flex. The forks need to be inspected on a jig to make sure they are not bent. Sometimes you can see it from the wear pattern but not always. The drum can have damage as well from it kicking out of gear and bouncing the fork pin in the corner of the slot.

If you budget allows, buy a complete used tranny and send it off to get inspected/worked. It will reduce downtime and looking for parts. Sell you old one as a core to do the same thing.

ok guys picked up my busa in a box. all the engine parts look great, however i am gonna be needing a trans for her. i wanted to post in the classifieds but i do not have enough post and i don't wanna hammer this great site with a bunch of useless post to up my count. so if any of you guys got a trans in good shape pm me please. i dont want to break any rules.

Back