engine stalling out, think I may have found my problem though

mnrf900r

Registered
I was riding yesterday and my bike instantly killed 6-7 times, which made no sense. I could get it started again on a few of the occasions right away, but others I had to sit for a few minutes and I shook the bike back and forth a few times and it would start. I pulled it apart and found the fuel cut off module had broke off the mounts and was dangling by the wires.

Anyone else have this issue?

AKA tip over sensor located just aft of the battery compartment--- yeah, I had the same thing happen to me-- bracket can weaken and break over time, just as any other part--- shut me down on the highway also on the way home from work one day. I just repaired my bracket, re-mounted it and been good-to-go ever since..:beerchug:

If that doesn't cure your problem, you might have a bad battery. Thats one of the symptoms when they start going bad.!!
Good luck, hope you found the problem.!! :thumbsup:

I was riding yesterday and my bike instantly killed 6-7 times, which made no sense. I could get it started again on a few of the occasions right away, but others I had to sit for a few minutes and I shook the bike back and forth a few times and it would start. I pulled it apart and found the fuel cut off module had broke off the mounts and was dangling by the wires.

Anyone else have this issue?

Did it just staall mor cut off? cus i have the problem that when i want to open my bike up (of course never more then the speedlimit lol) it sometimes stotters.... took it apart before n found that one of the airhoses was not connected but it seems like that didnt cure the problem

+1 had the same thing happen to me on a highway at speed. That tip over switch has been my biggest PITA on my bike. I fianlly tossed the freakin thing. :thumbsup:

Make sure when you mount it back up that it's facing the right way and not upside down. :banghead:

AKA tip over sensor located just aft of the battery compartment--- yeah, I had the same thing happen to me-- bracket can weaken and break over time, just as any other part--- shut me down on the highway also on the way home from work one day. I just repaired my bracket, re-mounted it and been good-to-go ever since..:beerchug:

If that problem was more widespread there will most likely be a recall on it because that's a hazard. Definitely a safety hazard, just imagine the bike stalling on you in a middle of a apex? ???

I'm having a stalling problem. When coming to a stop and occasionally giving it some gas from a stop. I'm not sure what could be the problem or what to check. I've already ran some sea foam through the fuel system. I also planned on checking/cleaning the air filter and replacing the spark plugs. Any suggestions to what may be causing the stalling. It happens on pretty much every ride and didn't start until a few weekends ago when it was in the high 90's on a very long ride.
Thanks

Back