busa running rich

ormonw

Registered
???I have a 2005 Busa and I cranked it up yesterday and a kind of dark smoke came out. It smoke for awhile then stopped. Everytime I hit the gas it came out. The pipe was wet. It looked like oil it was Smoking at the bottom where the pipe joins the header pipe. Can anyone tell me whats going on??? It only has 3000 miles on the bike.

Has it ever done this before? What kind of mods have been done recently? You need to get it in somewhere to get it checked out. Pull a plug and see what it looks like. Welcome to the oRg, we need a little more information to help diagnose.

I agree with twoton
Pull the two plugs out from the side thats smoking,,see which cylinder is the problem,,,I hope its just a fouled plug and not the rings,,exam the plug thats in question ,,see if its fouled from fuel,,or {hope not] oil,,,,,,,,
I have seen several case's b4 that were not busa's,,but oil leaked from the motor onto/into, the midpipe connection,,some of the older hondas and kaw's would do this,resulting in smokeing on start up,,You mentioned oil being in that area,,,,The manual forwarns about the breakin period,,,Its specific on for the first 600 miles not to exceed[ I think 5500rpm] and 8000[ I think] until 1000 miles,my point is this,,,the manual,Instructs you to while in that break in period,Not to ride around in the same rpm range,,,,ie; cruiseing at 4000 rpms for a extended period,,the rings will seat,and you may have early ring failure,,,it recommends to keep the rpms,moveing around constantly .during this break in period.,,It also recommends to do alot of gearing up and down to mat the tranny,,also by doing this,,you will be automaticaly be moveing the rpms' around,,,,,,keep us posted,,Pm me if you want,,Im sure other members will chime in to help,,,lets hope its a dead plug,,,,,I had a plug die at 4000 miles on my busa[bought the bike new]...P.s,,,,,,is the bike missing .fluttering going down the road,,or does it feel like all 4 cyl are fireing?? does it smoke going down the road,or when you just rev it up at a stand still ??

I just put a muzzy full exhaust system single pipe on it. It was acting up one time acting like it didnt want to go and shuttin off. I changed the spark plugs and it ran fine for awhile until now

i didnt ride it because it was smoking so much just sittin there reving it up just sitting there i just cut it off.

Check the engine coolant temperature sensor (not the fan switch in the radiator). If its sending the wrong value to the CPU, the CPU can think its very cold out and richen up the mix to compensate.

plugs are good im going to change the oil and see. will being overfilled blow it out the exhaust? it doesnt looked over filled though.

Back