First gear issue??

swimmer7946

Registered
Ok so I finally got all my gremlins taken care of..no more leaks, drips, overheating.....bike runs like a raped ape....except.....at exactly 9500 rpm it almost feels like its jumping outta 1st gear...but why at exactly this RPM??? if its a bad gear engagement wouldnt it jump out at peak torque??? and isnt 1st gear undercut anyways?? Im wondering if it could be an ignition or fueling glitch..

when u say jumping out of first, u mean like looseing power and rpm's jump up?
or just a total loss of power and rpms stay the same?

it actually feels like its skipping a tooth..but like I said only at 9500rpm....no loss of power....just a quick skip.....IDK....Ill live with it this season.I Just had 1st gear redone and dont feel like splittin cases again till the winter when I tear the whole motor down for 1397 kit!!! :)

Its jumping outta gear...I just had second gear undercut and got her back together myself...I've searched the forum up and down looking for answers for jumping outta first...couldn't b A bad fork..that would cause other problems...could a worn clutch be the culprit..the bike has 25k showing and I do a lot of clutch up wheelies...but it doesn't slip...it does drag a bit on launch however...
Posted via Mobile Device

i heard if a clutch is burning up it puts off a bad odor when u open the oil fill cap, and if u decide to get new plates stick with oem

Back