Oem fuel line routing

andyw8705

Registered
I have a 2000 hayabusa and its been apart and im just trying to figure out how to route the fuel lines that go from the petcock to the pump and the tank to the pump, I know i should have taken a picture but im not that smart so i didnt, photos would help thanks a lot

taken from the left side of the bike:

plugs 007.jpg

btw DENON...the hose that suzuki ordered for me was the one that is meant for return and it is prebent(has a 90 degree prebend at one end of the hose), it doesnt look like that in ur picture, are your hoses replacement hoses? I tried to order the supply hose but couldnt find it in the breakdown sheet

btw DENON...the hose that suzuki ordered for me was the one that is meant for return and it is prebent(has a 90 degree prebend at one end of the hose), it doesnt look like that in ur picture, are your hoses replacement hoses? I tried to order the supply hose but couldnt find it in the breakdown sheet

ok, so last winter I went to the closest Suzuki dealer around (an hour away) and said I needed new fuel lines. I wanted to fix the old hoses with new OEM parts. He checked the computer and showed me the 2 hoses, but they looked different than what I thought I needed. I said are you sure those are the fuel hoses between the tank and the pump, he said yes. I asked atleast 3more times because I thought they were the wrong parts, and he insisted that they were correct, so I ordered them. 10 days later, they came in, and when I finally got around to installing them, I realized he got me the small hoses for the drainage around the cap area.

Then I gave up and went to Autozone and got 2' of 5/16 ID FI hose for $4...works fine...that is what is in the pic. Actually a little long, only need about 10" for each run.

So make sure you're getting the hoses between the tank and pump, but parts store high pressure hoses will also work just fine.

ok, so last winter I went to the closest Suzuki dealer around (an hour away) and said I needed new fuel lines. I wanted to fix the old hoses with new OEM parts. He checked the computer and showed me the 2 hoses, but they looked different than what I thought I needed. I said are you sure those are the fuel hoses between the tank and the pump, he said yes. I asked atleast 3more times because I thought they were the wrong parts, and he insisted that they were correct, so I ordered them. 10 days later, they came in, and when I finally got around to installing them, I realized he got me the small hoses for the drainage around the cap area.

Then I gave up and went to Autozone and got 2' of 5/16 ID FI hose for $4...works fine...that is what is in the pic. Actually a little long, only need about 10" for each run.

So make sure you're getting the hoses between the tank and pump, but parts store high pressure hoses will also work just fine.
just letting you know i followed your advice, and all went back together perfect. 5/16 id line. and new clamps great stuff :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
just letting you know i followed your advice, and all went back together perfect. 5/16 id line. and new clamps great stuff :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Glad it worked out for you. This winter, I'm rebuilding the fuel system, and will post some pics for the 1999 & 2000 owners out ther.

Which line from the tank to external pump should get the inline fuel filter? I'm guessing it would be the SUPPLY fuel line but can someone confirm which of the two hoses that is?

Back