09 Busa: rev limiter at 8000rpm?

gabelbrucken

Registered
Hi Guys,
After 3230 miles Monday I tried to roll the throttle a little bit more...
Bad news: rev limiter at 8000rpm!
What this means?
Never happened to you?
I noticed that , when rev limiter starts, the map selected disappears from the display...

Do you have it in a different mode than A? Sounds like it, hold down on the mode button for a few seconds until it comes up and make sure you are in A

Thank you very much for the quick answer Jpowell490, BUT I'm sure that I was in A map...
But I don't think that EVEN in B or C map the ECU cut off at 8000rpm...
Yes, we have a loss of power BUT not a different limiter!

Or I'm wrong????

I believe your ECU is different than the US. Best to ask the dealer if they are able to flash your ECU, or why this is.

Also, see "Flashing ECU" do a search on the forum.

I believe your ECU is different than the US. Best to ask the dealer if they are able to flash your ECU, or why this is.

Also, see "Flashing ECU" do a search on the forum.

Yes, our ECU is Different...less power at low and mid-range in comparison with USA ECU and more power at high rpm than USA ECU...

Thank you Jellyrug...
What do you think about a fuel pump problem?

you've got at least 2yrs left on the warranty.. Go to the dealer and have them check it out.. I wouldn't touch a thing if I had warranty left..

Yes, our ECU is Different...less power at low and mid-range in comparison with USA ECU and more power at high rpm than USA ECU...

Thank you Jellyrug...
What do you think about a fuel pump problem?

If something was wrong with your fuel pump, you should still be able to go beyond 8000 RPM on partial, say 1/4 throttle. Either the ECU, or you have a sensor problem. Does your FI light come on with a fault code?

If something was wrong with your fuel pump, you should still be able to go beyond 8000 RPM on partial, say 1/4 throttle. Either the ECU, or you have a sensor problem. Does your FI light come on with a fault code?

This is the weirdest thing...
No FI light appears, No error code...
Only the "wall" at 8000 rpm in 2nd and third gear...
Sometimes in second gear, everytime in 3rd...

Hi Guys, my dealer can check my Busa on Tuesday with the diagnosis cable...

yesterday rode my 'Busa and IF (at 5000rpm) I OPEN THE THROTTLE FULL GAS = no rev limiter and the bike runs like a cannonball...
IF I REACH 7000/8000 with throttle partially open = rev limiter...:banghead:

Finally tomorrow I can go from my dealer for the check...
But...
I have to say that IF I twist the wrist with energy , there's no hesitation until 10000rpm...
Only if the rpm increase slowly I hit a kind of limiter...But isn't a real limiter...'cause the engine keeps on pushing AFTER an hesitation at 8000...???

Hmm that sounds like the butterflies are not opening correctly from part throttle.

Yes...
Today my dealer talk with Suzuki Italy...
They say that even the Suzuki alarm (antistealing? antithieves? I don't know how can I call it in english) can make some interference with the engine...

I think that I can check even the kickstand-switch...
Or not?

But the problem is that in workshop there's no place for my 'Busa until Monday...:banghead:

Here we are in full bike-season!

Good news guys!
the problem was the crappy Suzuki alarm...:banghead:
bad-installed by the Suzuki-dealer...
without fixing it with anti-vibrations foam or some trick to block it ...

200miles Saturday's ride...all is gone right...
No more limiter at 8000rpm ...
Moreover I tried even my new G-pack delta and the second gear are now very stunning!

Back