Starting Problem

tarock

Registered
So I just put in a PB-2 battery that claims to have a bunch more kick than the stock 12v that was in her. Still having a problem with the bike not wanting to start right away.

Sync'ed the throttle bodies this fall, new plugs, and new battery. Still at a loss with what wouldn't make the 02 busa fire right away. Any ideas?

just a random ? when it is running whats the idle set at, i kno alot of people that set their idle high-ish so it start faster and warms up faster, i knowticed a difference when i lowered my idle from about 2300 to alil less than 1200 it doesnt start as quick as it did, may turn over over once or twice more than it did before it gets running, kinda hard to explain but that could help?

I know you dont pump a throttlebody motor,,but the trouble shooting section says for hard starting busa;s to roll back sligtly on the throttle when turning it over

Thanks for the ideas guys...but tried them several times now. :beerchug:

GIXERHP told me that I'm probably using too high of gas. I usually run 91 +booster and turns out the bike wants 87. Going to try this and having fresh gas shouldn't hurt either. Still getting tired of the thing cranking over for 5+ seconds...even when cold.

Back