2005 busa with oil light on please help

REDBUSA05

Registered
I have a 05 Busa with about 8k miles. I just bought this bike and recently sent it in to get ghost flames and a full polish job. I got the bike back yesterday and on the way home it started jerking then dies. I jumped the bike and drove it home it popped the FI light on in the driveway and wouldnt start again. Acts like a dead battery but it is charging at 13.8v and it has a new battery. I pulled the bike into the garage and removed all the fairings and found the wire broken leading to the oil pressure switch. I re installed the wire onto the switch and now my oil light is staying on! Oil is full and just replaced. Any ideas on what I need to do now?

im assuming the bike worked fine before you dropped the bike off to get painted. 1. dose the bike still stumble and die? or did you get that problem corrected?

Yes the bike worked fine. I installed a new battery and voltage is 12.4V and running is roughly 13.8V. I tried installing a new oil pressure switch and same thing. Bike runs good no unusual noises etc. I have a clear stator cover and I can see that the oil is flowing etc. When the bike was painted he polished the frame and all the covers etc. I am wondering if he didnt do something at that point. I dropped the bike off at his shop yesterday and he said he is going to drop the pan and check a plunger or something.

Sounds a bit sinister to me... What's the possibility that the previous owner deliberately broke the oil pressure wire because the bike had no oil pressure then sold the bike to you and now it has siezed due to lack of oil pressure?

Took it back to the shop and I guess he found a o ring pinched causing the pressure to drop. Not sure which one I will find out when I pick it up. While the bike was being painted I had the same guy polish my frame and all engine covers so I am guessing it happened then. He has the bike back together and running with 0 problems. So far so good can't wait to pick it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back