AAA sucks

Nicholas

Registered
ok some of yall know that ive been procrastinating on fixing my second gear well something broke off inside my clutch/transmission dont know what it is yet but i does still shift but when i pull clutchin it starts making alot of noise and when its in get when i start to release clutch samething. but anyway. down in downtown atlanta lastnight at the turner field parking lot.. called AAA at about 10pm and long story short @ 2am the tow truck comes..... and the first thing he asks is,...."so do u wanna lay it on its side?".....woah are u serious? hell naw but as he stood there and watched me just hook up my bike with chains and everything so it wouldnt fall... the 4 hours it took for AAA to get out was along night

SN> while i was down at turnerfield (place people practice stunting) dude crashed while he was trying to do a wheelie with his gf on the back all she had was a helmet on, hope she turned out ok and just some bruises and lesson learned for trusting idiots.
im bout to go strart breaking my bike down

Last edited:
my clutch assembly

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

basket and plates, a buddy of mine says who ever was the last one in the clutch did not use blue locktite or something that a bolt probally back itself out

6.jpg

Did they back out on their own and cause that damage? Edit, just saw you second post.

Ouch! That don't look pretty.
Make sure you get all them crumbs cleaned out of there before you get it running again. I'd pull the pan, clean and check the oil pickup screen.

Ouch! That don't look pretty.
Make sure you get all them crumbs cleaned out of there before you get it running again. I'd pull the pan, clean and check the oil pickup screen.

while im at it imma undercut the gears and check my shift forks

I never loctite those bolts. Spring pressure always holds them tight. Chances are the guy didn't get them tight at all. It was definitely a bolt that backed out on you.

What year bike is it ?
You say 'last guy' in there like you have had clutch work done before ?
Just curious and sorry for your troubles .

Here in Florida when you get stopped for doing a big no no by the police they will hook it and tow it with zero concern of damage caused .
I have seen bikes chained up swinging from behind a regular tow truck not even a flatbed !

its a 2003 and i bought it used, last year figured guy before me had work done, i got all the clutch basket out, now i need a job to buy a new one...???

Owie. Man, that sucks. Hope it all goes back together okay. You need to replace that whole clutch basket assembly?

188670d1274474788-aaa-sucks-6.jpg

yea, plates and cover, everything needs to be replaces, r u running any kind of special on clutch stuff? lol

Regarding AAA, was this an official AAA driver or a contractor? AAA contracts many of their areas to local tow truck companies. It might not be their fault really.

Being a a AAA driver for a company subcontracted by AAA I have to agree with your assessment....

A little strange that he asked you if you want to lay it on its side or not. Whether it be AAA employee or subcontracted company we are held responsible for what we tow :laugh: If the subcontracted company doesn't pay for damages AAA is stuck with the tab. Even if you sign a damage release it doesn't absolve the company from negligence laying it on its side would be considered negligence :poke: :laugh:

Bikers love it when AAA sends me out there an want to know how to fix it so I am the only they send when they need there bike moved :laugh: :nono: have to tell them sorry doesn't work that way :rofl:

Good luck with the repair looks serious :down:

yea, he was standing on the side of his truck while i was strapping my baby down to make sure she didnt fall over

Back