Surging... didnt want to hijack

race24x

Registered
I didnt want to hijack some of the other threads I read about so here is mine. I have a 2000 Busa Two Brothers 4-2-1 Power Commander BMC race only filter with about 60,000 miles on it. The last couple of years the surging has gotten worse. I have replaced the plugs had the TB synched by a shop and ran a whole can of SeaFoam threw it. I was wondering if there are any fuel screens or fuel filters to replace or any other suggestions of things to check. While idling sometimes you can hear it bump or miss just like a little blip in it while idling. Then at around 2500-3500 it will surge or jerk going down the road very noticeable all the time. So far this year I replaced the plugs had TBs synched had valves adjusted and ran a whiole can of Seafoam threw it. It has not made it any better or any worse. It feels like a leaky or weak injector so I am considering sending them out to be flow tested. I just wanted to make sure I got all I can do out of the way first.

Fuel filter in the fuel pump and fuel screen in the tank and inline screens at the injectors on the '99 and I think on the '00 models.

How severe is it ? my old 09' use to have a subtle surge at cruising throttle opening and I was told by the gurus that it was possibly that the IAP map needed tweeking ! Hope that helpz ! :thumbsup:

It is pretty bad in high gear at around 35 40. Any how tos etc on cleaning all of those screens? It feels like a fuel problem, but I could be wrong. With that many miles and years of winter storage it just seemed to make sense.

Mine did the same. I sent out the injectors to be cleaned and it smoothed it out some. I just cleaned the throttle bodies with crc throttle body cleaner and it runs great! I was thinking I had a fuel screen issue too.

Do you winterize it during the off season?
When's the last time the fuel system was maintained?
Fuel hose replaced every 4 yrs per manual?
It doesn't say in the manual, but I'd inspect or replace the filter and screens on the same schedule.
And like GSXcite mentioned, you may wanna have the injectors cleaned.

Scheduled maintenance, overkill? Maybe, but it beats :banghead: and trying to diagnose symptoms!

Well to be hones tI didnt read enough in the manual to know about the maint. At this point pulling the screns and fule filter on the fuel pump sound like a defenite. I will check the lines and maybe replace. As far as winterizing not much more than change the oil, fog the motor and pull the battery out (I cheated the last couple years and just put a battery tender on it).

Man it is sooo bad its not funny when its warm out its worse, Any other ideas? Sitting at idle it jumps every once in a while like dripping fuel into the cylinder from the injector. I guess that is my next step

my 08 was jerking the same way til i remove my bazzaz off the bike..If you have a pc3 or bazzaz try unpluging it.They say the bazzaz some times get bad connections.

Back