my 02 busa wont rev

badbusa013

Registered
hey guys im new to the site and am hoping a few of you may be able to help my problem. i have an 02 busa that will start up when cold, but you try to rev quickly it just boggs. if you rev slowly it will get about 7-8 thousand but thats it. it also wont restart after it runs for a couple minutes until its completely cold again. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone! ???

Sounds like it could be dirty fuel.
I would drain the tank, refill with fresh, and run some Seafoam, Techron, BG44k or such through and see if that fixes it.
Good Luck!

Hey:

WELCOME!

:welcome:

I thought it may have been bad gas so i did drain the tank, when i did i noticed some rust inside the tank so i had it lined, and i have added seafoam but no help. I got the bike this way and the guy i got it from said he replaced the fuel pump but the rust took out the injectors. thats why i lined the tank, i'm gonna check fuel pressure tomorrow and see where that leads me. I was just hoping that someone has experienced this problem and could give me any information in the right direction, thanks guys! :bowdown:

When you noticed the rust and had tank lined did you check/replace filter on the fuel pump? Most particles that get past the screen in the tank should be trapped by the filter. If anything got past the filter then you've got some clogged injectors.

When you noticed the rust and had tank lined did you check/replace filter on the fuel pump? Most particles that get past the screen in the tank should be trapped by the filter. If anything got past the filter then you've got some clogged injectors.

+1
Check the filter then injectors.

Back