Stutter on acceleration

3.Ton.Up

Registered
New member from Australia. New owner of a '99 stock Busa. Had it a few weeks and all seemed fine until today when I wound through the gears under quick acceleration. Seems to stutter momentarily before resuming acceleration. Happened a few times. Bike is completely stock, no engine mods. Will take it back out tomorrow to see if it still plays up. Could it be a blockage in the injectors? Any ideas?

Could be, could be in need of some synchronizing. How many miles, does it have PC of any sorts? Mine did that and it was new, up until did the 1441, now NO hesitation at all in any gear at any speed.
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome: to the org , lift the tank & check the fuel hoses , they have a tendency to kink when the tank is lowered , check them carefully for flat spots ,after that pull & strip the fuel pump clean & or replace fuel filter / screens
good luck , use the search button there are posts on how to do all this :thumbsup:

99 and 00 models have fuel screens in places newer bikes don't. They tend to get clogged. Pull them and put an inline filter in instead.

Moin moin,

the fuel hoses were enhanced in 2000. They became more rigid, so they cannot clog anymore. Try to get them, it's a good idea to install them anyhow.

Next known issue was probs with "rust" in the tank. I think it's more the sealer that comes off the tank and into the fuel. The rust clogs all fuel pump filters. Wasn't an issue with ALL 99ers but with some...
If you're able, check the little strainer under the fuel hose going to the injectors (it's the pressure regulator). If you find a red shining mud (rust) then it's time to disassemble the whole fuel pump and clean it.

Btw. if you want to use a new "main" filter pay attention to get the right filter.... they were changed in 2000. But the 00 filters don't fit...

Ciao
D1

Back