gauges, turn signals and all rear lights inop

yodaonabusa

Registered
ok, so i have had mike baby torn down for a while now under my carport all covered up doing the valve clearances...now that i finally found a bit to put the airbox in and change coolant, i start her up. she drags a bit but fires right off..left signal was on, i cancel it. i reinsulated my heated grips while she was down, so as shes idling fast, i turn my grips on hi to see what they feel like. i hear a pop...hids still burning, flashback mod still on, gauges out, turn signals out, everything on my integrated taillight is out. my grips are spliced into my headlight supply, and of course my flashback led running lights are too. i havent had time to check my fuses, but im hoping thats all it is. i have had all these mods together for ab a yr now with no probs...any encouraging words? bad news? thoughts or ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like a fuse. May need to up the fuse to a higher amp. Just go 5 up to start. May not be pulling enough to pop it right away, but over time quicker than what one would normally go. Also check over all your wires and make sure none have gotten pinched or rubbed to where they will be grounding out.

found blown 15a fuse, replaced w 20a. fired her up, everythings up n goin..repeated circumstances..hi beam, turned grips on hi. pop! ..think i got it nailed now. replaced blown 20a. figure i have dead short in my left grip since it contacts aluminum insulation tap i just rewrapped my bars in to help insulate against the cold bars and hopefully reflect more heat. i remove left grip and heating element, wrap insulated handlebar in pvc/electrical tape, install element, install grip, retry. everything works beautifully! oorah!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back