Cracked Fairing 09 Busa

09busa

Registered
Hello all,

Well I got my new Busa right before Christmas and did not get to ride much due to a couple blizzards here. So a month ago I get to ride with some buddies and stop for gas and notice the left side of the fairing right under the handle bars is crack by the screw and on the side all the way through. So I goto the dealer and they take pictures and e-mail them away to see if it will be covered under warranty. I finally go in to the dealer since they did not call me to give me the bad news that Suzuki will NOT cover it even though the bike had about 422 miles when it cracked saying it was due to impact i.e wheelies!!!!!. It was cold and not even broke in. Not to mention I do not do wheelies at all. I am almost 42 and way past the wheelie days. They told me I have to pay to get it fixed to the tune of 5-6 hundred dollars!!!!!

I now have a new bike with just over 1000 miles under warranty, extend, and a service plan and no one wants to fix a bike I did not break. I called Suzuki and they told me to jump in a lake and pay for it myself so I just hung up on them. :moon:

I might be looking to trade the Busa on a ZX-14. Maybe they will cover their bikes.

I am just at a total loss right now.

Frustrating for certain, but I guess they can't take on something like a cracked fairing not knowing the history of the bike...imagine every person claiming it's defective or cracked without you doing anything wrong? While you may indeed not be at fault, I would imagine plenty would lie and try for a set of free plastics.

I wish things were different, but I can understand a huge corporation not covering something cosmetic on the Busa. I would imagine companies like Honda and Kawasaki would handle things in much the same way.

Don't feel bad...I was told 6 years ago that my bike cutting off on me for no apparent reason was because I wasn't "capable or operating it correctly". I was then told to never contact the local Suzuki dealer for any warranty work because I didn't buy from them and they would refuse me service. I learned that day that most things "under warranty" would no doubt be a huge hassle for me to get covered, hence I never even opted for the ext. coverage.

So sorry for your fairing though; that's frustrating :(

who did the first service? whoever it was i would almost bet i got cracked during it, and has grown to where you notice it. crappy dealer not suzuki.

sucks though man. likewise i doubt any other manufacturer is gonna do anything about a similar problem

also i would get in contact with suzuki, dealer seems less than stellar anyway and explain your position.

btw if you cancel your warranty they have to give you a pro rated return

Last edited:
Well the first service was not done yet when I reported the crack and I did talk to Suzuki and they told me to pay for it myself or call my insurance company to get it fixed. The bike only had about 422 miles when it cracked. Going to look at what the kawies have to offer tomorrow. I had a CBR929RR in 2000 when they first came out and had no problems with Honda but I am older now and the CBR1000RR is just to cramped for my bad knees.:laugh:

friend of mine bought one of the last honda sp2s a couple of years ago his fairing also cracked around a mounting bolt , honda honoured that and replaced it no questions asked .

another friend had the wrong owners manual with his new suzuki , witch he failed to notice for about 3 months after purchase , suzuki said go :whistle:

go figure :poke:

Keep calling dealers is what I woul do.
It is up to the dealer to cover , no need to email pics ?
It will COST THEM ZERO to cover it under warranty as the factory will reimburse them 100%.
You need to find a dealer who will listen and care is all.
Keep trying dont give up.

I use to warrant things on cars that were questionable but you do it to make the customer happy.
F the factory !

Well my problem is both the dealer and Suzuki said go jump in a lake. It is not just the dealer or I would go to another. But when I called Suzuki they also said too bad you pay to fix it we are not!!!!!

Not sure what I want to do right now. $600 is not in the budget to get it fixed either.

Well my problem is both the dealer and Suzuki said go jump in a lake. It is not just the dealer or I would go to another. But when I called Suzuki they also said too bad you pay to fix it we are not!!!!!

Not sure what I want to do right now. $600 is not in the budget to get it fixed either.

Again all due respect. The guy you spoke to at Suzuki is not the only one who works there.
Call back, call again.
You will find one who cares at both places , a diff dealer and diff Suzi phone rep.

Do you know how many people I have to talk to at AT&T to get one who cares ?
All the same .
The one who you talk to gets paid by the hour whether your happy or not.
You need to find one who cares for their job, rare but they are out there.
Keep tryin....
Better than 600 bucks !

My experience with Suzuki warranty has put me in the state of mind that I'm relieved when my warranty is OVER so I don't have to deal with trying to get something covered.

Again all due respect. The guy you spoke to at Suzuki is not the only one who works there.
Call back, call again.
You will find one who cares at both places , a diff dealer and diff Suzi phone rep.

Do you know how many people I have to talk to at AT&T to get one who cares ?
All the same .
The one who you talk to gets paid by the hour whether your happy or not.
You need to find one who cares for their job, rare but they are out there.
Keep tryin....
Better than 600 bucks !

I will try to call them again after some sleep and see if I get the same go jump in a lake response or not.

My experience with Suzuki warranty has put me in the state of mind that I'm relieved when my warranty is OVER so I don't have to deal with trying to get something covered.

like i said you can cancel your warranty and get somewhat of a refund.

i did it with my dodge. more than likely they wont want you too and tell them why youre canceling.

Well tonight I am at my car and bike event I run and I turn around and my sale rep is there. You know the guy I bought my bike from. I am busy but he says he might have some good news for me. So I said in front of everyone "what you have a new fairing for me"?

Well I was busy dealing with drawing and stuff and he left but left his card and a msg to call him tomorrow. So I will and I hope he has good news. I think I might get something since last week he was at my event and saw and heard me telling everyone not to buy a Suzuki since they do not stand behind there products. Not to mention I told him I was on a world wide Busa forum stating the same.

Well I will let you all know what good news he was talking about tomorrow.:please:

Well it looks like we are making some good progress. My sales rep got a hold of his regional sales boss and let him know what is going on. It looks like they will pay for the fairing and I will just have to pay a really reduced rate on labor so it would be a min. cost for me. So it looks like I should get the Busa fixed and will stay with the Busa.:thumbsup::cheerleader:

Well I got the call Friday from the dealer. They got the area sale manager to cover most of the fairing cost.:thumbsup: And the best part is the owner of the dealer is gonna pay for the rest as well as all the labor to replace the part. So there is NO out of pocket money from me.:cheerleader:

I am very impressed with my dealer even more now since they are stepping up to the plate to make me happy when Suzuki said go jump in a lake. I should have the new fairing next week and then have it put on the following week or so.

Boy if anyone lives by my dealer you really need to stop in and get some parts or even a new bike.

Thanks to all the offered support. The Busa will live and be staying in the garage.

Good congrats .
See in the end it is up to the dealer to cover what they want .
He will just bill Suzi for on the dealer acct and all will be happy .
They should have done that to begin with.

Bravo, When you are in the right never give up. You just take it high enough to find a person who can say yes.
My Ducati 1098 was one of the first in South florida. It use to stall for no reason (scary stuff) They blamed me for it and blah blah blah, Finally they solved the problem and months later there was a Nation wide recall. No more Ducati for me.

Well the Busa goes in to get her fairing fixed on Wednesday. The dealer called and said the fairing was in today and it was in good shape with no flaws. So she gets all fixed up on Wednesday.:cheerleader:

Back