Gear Position Sensor Replacement

GreigM

Registered
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster....hope you can help.

I've been trying to install a GIPro gear indicator to the busa, but with finding no luck and a bit of troubleshooting I'm seeing 5V on the pink wire from the Gear Position Sensor (GPS) in all gears - I'm assuming the GPS is broken and want to replace it.

So my question(s) - is my assumption of the faulty GPS correct? And if so how difficult is it to replace?

And finally - I presume the bike ECU sees the bike as being in neutral at all times due to the 5V on the GPS - will this do any damage, given the correct maps aren't being used - should I keep the GIPro connected for now to keep the TRE active?

Moin moin,

1) I know the GPS obstructed in the Busa shows defects for soldering reasons. Not all of them, but some.
2) The pink wire shows always 5V in case you disconnected the connector.
3) To check the GPS function just use an Ohmmeter switched between the pink and the black wire of the connector side looking to the engine (not to the ECU).
The results have to be:
1st gear... 560 Ohm
2nd gear... 850 Ohm
3rd gear... something about 2.7 kilo Ohm (don't know exactly)
4th gear... 4.7 kilo Ohm (I think so... could be a bit different...)
5th gear... 6.8 Kilo Ohm (see G-Pack :thumbsup:)
6th gear... 16 Kilo Ohm

The single measures might show different results cos these above are only guide values. Don't take them as 100% exact to be shown on your meter, ok?

If you see the GPS is working as shown you know it's fine...

Ciao
D1

Back