25 mpg?

Nicholas

Registered
I got a 2003 busa, small airbox mod, full yoshi exhaust, powercommander, custom mapped, and a k&n air filteri recently just cleaned and re-oiled... and im only getting 25miles a gallon at most average is a bout 23-24 i can figure out why its so slow, even when i do just cruise slowly it gets no higher than 25

Assuming you've listed all the mods, it could be a few things.
1. PC map could be wrong.
2. coolant temp sensor could be failing
3. thermostat could be failing
4. air pressure sensor could be failing

i kinda think its the air pressure sensor, but ive had it mapped twice and even when i had the defaut map it wwas still the same how can i test the following that u listed?

Last August I bought an '05 with less than 3,000 miles on it, and it was getting about 25 mpg. Although I couldn't tell the performace was off, it was much improved after changing the plugs, and I average between 35-40 mpg now. Something to consider.

Good luck

That is some low mileage.

Does the bike smoke (black in color)?

How many miles on your plugs and a routine tune up?

ive changed my plugs about 3 times already. im running iridium plugs now and it doesnt smoke at all

Well i'm getting about 25 mpg on my 06 busa.. It has close to 20000 miles already.. I also took into consideration that i'm 6'3 290lbs.. And i was about 50lbs lighter when i bought the bike new...

well im 6,2 210 and i kno this dude that i was goin to school with that is around 300 and about 5,8 he getting about 40mpg

not sure what the issue was, but i had it tuned in orlando fl. and while i was in fl i was lucky if i could get 25mpg. but now that i moved back to atlanta ga. im getting about 33mpg

a good friend of mine just bought an 04 busa with 3,600 miles. he was getting 20.5 mpg or so. I synchronized the throttle bodies and changed the plugs. he now gets 32 riding pretty aggressively.

Back