Coupling pins

schleife

Registered
Moin moin,

didn't recognize any threads due to "Probs with loosen coupling pins".
No probs with that clutch issue in the States?

Ciao
D1

Can you explain further please? I am not sure what coupling pins you are talking about.

Hmmm, yes, will try... please keep in mind I'm no native speaker...:whistle:

The clutch housing is composed of
a) outer clutch cage
b) inner clutch cage
c) clutch disks
d) pressure plate
e) some minor things
f) and the anti-hopping device with the bolt-on coupling pins which "look" through the holes in the pressure plate. The M6 bolts are srewed in there to hold the springs.
Hopefully you can understand my babbling :-)

The above mentioned coupling pins should be build in with a fluid threadlocker to prevent them from loosening. But from factory they aren't. Neither Hayabusa, nor B-King.
What happened for some times here in Germany is these pins came out the clutch, destroyed the clutch cover and then the whole clutch. Costs approximately 1200 Euro to rebuild (if you didn't need a hospital's visit :rulez:)

Due to that issue we have bonded nearly all Hayabusa's (and a lot of B-King) coupling pins by ourselves....

Understandable what I wrote???

Ciao
D1

Yes, thank you for the explanation. I have heard of the same issues, but not sure what years are affected. I do know of one member that had this happen last year at a meet/greet. I think GSXcite got him fixed up in a few minutes, but he had heard the noise before any damage had occured.

I think it was most of the Gen II's that had that issue.
There was a recall too if I'm not mistaken.
Some of the Gen II guys will chime in.

Hmmm, I know ALL Busas and ALL B-Kings do have that issue.
There was nothing fixed within the years, either Gen I or Gen II.

Ciao
D1

i though it was a 08 only. mine had 2 backing out and sounded aweful before i fixed it.

The only issue I've heard about is an assembly problem at the factory with the Gen IIs. Simple fix. Remove the bolts one at a time and using a thread locker torque them back in.

im pretty sure it was every 08. some of the dealers did the service before sold some didnt, mine didnt

O'right, seems we need to count the issues :thumbsup:

Btw. does anyboday knows how many Busas are there in the States? (Just being curious, nothing special...)

Ciao
D1

Back