Diagnostics System

rdnckjim

Registered
After my friend took my busa down to the corner grocery store he said the FI light came on and when he got back I saw it for myself. I jumped the terminals on the dealer plug and when it came up it said C00 for no faults. Now what the heck is going on? I saw for myself that it was flashing telling me something was wrong. Could the system reset itself? I was under the impression that the system stored fault codes. What happened?

The bikes ignition has to remain on when you check for codes. If you shut it off at anytime you lost what codes were there.

the code has to last for about 8 seconds for it to be stored and it could have been a funny issue that just fixed itself

have your friend replicate what he did to cause the FI light to flash and then check the code in dealer mode again wothout turning the bike off.

Hey just drove down the street maybe one and a half miles and came back doing 30-40. Ive been doing that all this week to stock up the beer in the fridge and havnt got anything. So next time if it flashes just get it home and test it without shutting it off?

Back