busa gettin spanked?

jay05busa

Registered
Hey all i had an 05 buuss and unfortunately had to sell it but immediately turned around and bought a 00 unrestricted and man is she fast..but i have a buddy with a 97 honda xx blackbird and he is still puttin the whoopin on me in acceleration my bike has dual sided muzzy carbon fiber slip ons and a k&n as well as stock gearing oh and 27,000 miles but she still pulls nice and runs great anybody else gettin whooped on by other big bire bikes or is it just me

Not sure, we have some blackbird owners on the board. Could he be sprayin?

I would say it is the rider no offense to you. But the bike doesn't make the rider the rider makes the bike.

From reading on the boards and my own experience...
You should go up 2 more teeth in the rear sprocket (42t SuperSprox), R1 Throttle tube MOD...That will def help ya w/ acceleration.
Sync your throttlebodies, Small Airbox MOD... the list goes on and on.

yeah i was thinkin wieght i wiegh around 300 and hes about 220 weve done the same gear (3rd) just doin a roll on and hes just pullin harder unfortunately we seem to run out of road by max speed but hes really pullin kinda makes me wanna tip his bike over at the rest stops ya know:whistle:just kiddin and to be honest im not sure if the airbox mod has been done i know i dont have a pc so thanx for the help guys

the gears in the busa are longer than the honda so when u give it gas in 3rd gear it takes u longer to get into the powerband* of third gear, busa third gear dont really pull hard untill around 100

that kinda makes sense....it seems like the bike is kinda choking on the gas until i get the revs up there i was thinkin about changing the injectors after all my bike has almost 28000 miles on it after this weekends rides i mean it really couldnt hurt right?

Im gonna try that and see what happens cause quite honestly im tired of hearing that his bird is faster than my busa.......i was just a little worried that maybe the engine was gettin tired ya know...im still thinkin good tune up as i just bought the bike about a month ago and probly a pc and box mod too!

I got my ass handed to me by my own bike ridden by my friend, and its a ZX10. We switched bikes and I killed him again with my ZX10. The busa is the strongest bike out there right now but you are not safe, its a small margin when you're messing with 14s, blackbirds,ZX12s not to mention Gixxer 1000s and ZX10s. Oh don't forget the 08' CBRs.

Re: busa getting spanked?

I have two Blackbirds, a 99 and an 03. My 99 has 55,000 miles, so I know the bikes pretty well. I also have a 2002 Busa with 20,000, with 10,000 of those being mine.
Stock for Stock the Busa pulls noticeably harder, and has about a 10hp advantage according to the reprint articles. My Busa has Akra slip ons, Jet Coated header and a custom map, making 161hp to rear wheel. My XX's are stock.
The way they make power is completely different. The Busa is stout right off idle, and the Blackbird doesn't show its stuff until about 6k and is silky smooth at all rpms.

I would say the Blackbird that is giving you trouble, probably had a sprocket change.

Re: busa getting spanked?

I have two Blackbirds, a 99 and an 03. My 99 has 55,000 miles, so I know the bikes pretty well. I also have a 2002 Busa with 20,000, with 10,000 of those being mine.
Stock for Stock the Busa pulls noticeably harder, and has about a 10hp advantage according to the reprint articles. My Busa has Akra slip ons, Jet Coated header and a custom map, making 161hp to rear wheel. My XX's are stock.
The way they make power is completely different. The Busa is stout right off idle, and the Blackbird doesn't show its stuff until about 6k and is silky smooth at all rpms.

I would say the Blackbird that is giving you trouble, probably had a sprocket change.

Sounds like words of wisdom......How about you guys switch bikes, that will help narrow down a few things!

Back