slips in second gear

Nicholas

Registered
i have a 2003 busa and it slips in second gear only when the load changes or if u give it more gas, but if the gas stays constant it wont slip and it doesnt slip as easy when its cold, it only happens in second gear.. but when its cold and i first start to move it feels like the clutch and/or gears just jam together right as im lettin the clutch go from stand still, is there a way that i can find out if its the clutch or a dog on the gear thats bad? im not trying to tear the engine apart just to find out it was something else? anyone have any input?

mine was doing the samething and it was because the second gear shift fork i ordered a new one and got the gear undercut while i had it apart it seems to be a very common problem cause they undercut every gear except 2 from the factory

i thought that was what i was going to but mine got worse and worse it really doesnt take that long or cost that much if you do it yourself get all your parts together and about a week working on it off and on

id have to look at everything again but of the top of my head just the fork, undercut gear, you might wanna replace the clutch push rod seal while you have the case apart but for the most part thats it gaskets if you need new ones i just my old ones tho they still looked good

Back