no power when key is turned on

jcstarman1978

Registered
I have a 2006 ltd ed Busa with 800 miles on it. Parked it in the garage---it was running. A month later I took it out to start it and nothing! I know the battery is dead but it is sooo dead the charger won't even charge it. It indicates a bad battery. So I tried jumping it with my car and nothing happened. No lights no life at all. Yes I checked the kill switch and the battery connections are tight. Anything? .......John

Last edited:
if i recall, jumping your bike with a car was a bad idea but i don't recall why. obviously, grab a new battery since the current one is shot. lastly, i blew the ignition fuse accidentally on mine so maybe that is a possibility. the ignition fuse (30 AMP) is located next to the positive battery side, outside the batt. box. good luck and welcome to the org.:beerchug:

not 100% sure but read somewhere that a car battery has way too much juice for a bike. As already pointed out, replace the DEAD battery with a FRESH one. BTW, welcome!

You can jump a busa with a car as long as the motor is not running.

Also check your main fuse, on the gen 2 the main fuse box is on the left side of the battery.

Parked it in the garage---
Locked the bike with the ignition key? Switch setting put to parking light and didn't recognize it? Kills every bike battery after a month... and no charger in the world bring any current in it again...

Disconnect the minus terminal, then try the jumper cable again.
Connect "jumper +" on "battery +" and "jumper -" an footrest (or any other conductive piece).
Then try again... and post what shows up...

Ciao
D1

Back