Does the map/ air pressure sensor have a hose?

firefightergib

Registered
I have a 05 busa that i just bought recently from a buddy of mine, when i got it the FI light was on so i scanned it, it came back to a C22 code, which is the air pressure sensor or some people call it the map sensor, so i bought a new one and went to put it on today and i noticed the bottom of the sensor has a nipple like where a hose goes but the old sensor didnt have a hose on it, so im wondering if there is a hose somewhere that goes to it and it just got pulled off sometime or another or if thats just there and no hose goes to it. Someone plz help.Thanks

Yes there is a hose on it. The sensor needs to see vacuum from the manifold in order to run properly, especially at idle. Search for the service manual and find out where it connects.

My bike is a turbo so I don't recall where the stock hose is routed. Good luck.

i just checked the manual and the pic looks to me there is no hose attached,its on 4-44 for the flow chart,take a look .i zoomed in.it sounds like thats were it reads atmospheric pressure .says it can be faulty do to dust my .02

there are 2 sensors one is a map (Manifold air pressure) back of air box and has a hose

the other is an air pressure or altitude sensor on the frame no hose

no with one are you talking about you mention both in the same sentance

I have a problem busa is useing to much gas had the injectors clean did not help replace plugs no help, is there a manual to down load

Heres the vacuum layout for the early hayabusas, I'm guessing it's a similar layout for the later ones too (ignore the red marks, I had to find this online).

image.jpeg

Very use full map ! No map in the Manuel ! So was great to find this I was lost to thinking where hose would go off this so thisvbmaps really helped
There is no hose that goes on it on a 99 hayabusa

Back