Bike will not go over 130mph anymore. what's wrong!?

allowtbusa

Registered
For some reason my bike can not go faster than 130mph anymore. The bike is also nearly red lining in 1st through maybe 3rd before even getting to 130mph. I have no idea of what it could be and don't really want to spend a lot of money paying a shop to do guess work. Do anyone have an idea of what the problem may be?

you will have to provide alot more info for anyone to be able to help.

is it a busa?
year
mods
pics

the more info the better

and :welcome:

I don't understand what you're getting at either. Is it not supposed to redline in 1 2 3 ??? Maybe 3rd??? Is the clutch slipping and that what your getting at? Will it not accelerate in the higher gears?
Posted via Mobile Device

it's a 2005 busa. no mods except for full exhaust. A mechanic said the clutch was fine after riding it. they're thinking that it may be something electrical like a sensor or something but they're not sure until they test this or test that...sounded like they had to do a bunch of guess work. it's not red lining all the way, but i'm having to switch gears prematurely

What gear did it used to hit indicated 130 in? Been a while since I rode a stock geared bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

clutch mayh be slipping , you say it will not get to 130 and redlines fast in most lower gears !

i would say clutch , how many miles on your bike and clutch !

how does it feal when you first start and ride how easy does the clutch ingage on take off !

clutch mayh be slipping , you say it will not get to 130 and redlines fast in most lower gears !

i would say clutch , how many miles on your bike and clutch !

how does it feal when you first start and ride how easy does the clutch ingage on take off !

Thought the same but he said its not even redlining the gears.

Maybe fuel delivery problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think at 130 i would just be hitting 3rd gear. The mechanic that rode the bike thought it may be the clutch too. but after riding it he said the clutch is fine. Everything feels fine except me having to shift prematurely and only able to do 130

so when you're in 2nd gear trying to run up to the redline you hit 130 first and then it cuts out? What happens when you're in 3rd or 4th? Does it cutout at the same speed but a lower rpm? is it some kind of hard limit at 130mph or is it softer? The 130 is the speedo indicated or actual mph?

Did you buy the bike new or used?

See if it will do a burnout.
Hold front brake hard and do a burner.
If it will do that I dont think it would be the clutch....???

Did your wife slip a limiter in it or something.

Seems like hes saying no matter what gear hes in it wont go past 130...?

Thanks for all your input guys. I decided to sell it. someone picked it up today. I've been wanting a gen2 for a while, I used this as an excuse to get rid of it and get the gen2

Back