fire out the tailpipe

woodrrow

Registered
The other night I revved my bike and a friend was behind me and said that for a split second there was a small flash in my tail pipe. I revved it to about 6-7k on tach. Do I need to get my fuel adjusted, or is this normal? I have aftermarket slipons..

Thanks

What slip ons and it could be from pair valve if you haven't blocked it yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

The other night I revved my bike and a friend was behind me and said that for a split second there was a small flash in my tail pipe. I revved it to about 6-7k on tach. Do I need to get my fuel adjusted, or is this normal? I have aftermarket slipons..

Thanks

Do your bike a favor and get it mapped on a dyno!:rulez:

You oughta see what it will shoot with a sidewinder!
It's fine, not gonna hurt anything at all.

Just a bit of extra fuel burnin' off, air, electric, & quik shifters will also add to the show when the brief kill times pull in fuel and relite:devil::race: BTW, just seen your post count- WELCOME to the Org!! Be sure to post up some pics of your Busa, we love pics

Last edited:
the other night i revved my bike and a friend was behind me and said that for a split second there was a small flash in my tail pipe. I revved it to about 6-7k on tach. Do i need to get my fuel adjusted, or is this normal? I have aftermarket slipons..

Thanks

fire! :devil::super:

:welcome:

Thanks

You mean like this.:laugh:

flame 1.jpg

flame 2.jpg

flame 3.jpg

hey guys im knew here so im full of stupid questions i done the marble mod and the poppin stoped but it started back firing i notice my sprocket cover is also cracked i dont know how it cracked any helps appreciated thanks

get it mapped, contrary to popular belief you are either very rich or lean. A rich condition will let fuel puddle in the intake until you crack it open like that and it will ignite all of it. However, lean will cause popping and sometimes the fire from the exhaust. I would get a map in there quick if I were you.

ok thank you when i bought the bike they had a power commander under the seat but not pluged in because the plugs didnt match the bike does that mean the power commander dont fit that bike or is there adapter they make thats probably a dumb question but im new to this ha thanks again for your help

If the plugs on the PC don't match, it's for a different bike. What year bike? What kind of PC? Sprocket cover can be broken by heavy clutch springs. Flames from the exhaust are not necessarily caused by lean or rich conditions. When is it back firing?

The EX is the emissions legal version. It sucks. Look on it and see what the model number is. For your bike it should be 304-411EX
Does it backfire when you are accelerating, decelerating, revving the motor, in all gears? Is it a major backfire or just a pop?

ok the model number is 304-410ex ,it backfires when i revv it up can u tell me what this useless dynojet fits and wheres the best place to get a sprocket cover thanks

I don't know what it fits, just that it don't fit yours....
Call DynoJet tomorrow and ask. 800-992-4993
If it doesn't backfire under a load (when accelerating) I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of bikes spit and sputter when you rev them.
Sprocket cover supports are available lots of places, I would start by contacting one of our board sponsors (Cloud 9 Performance would be my first choice) and seeing what they have to offer.

Think TPS over fuel feeding. You rev the engine up, the TPS says more fuel, you go back in gear, the over rich rev read is now sucked into the exhaust. You go back in gear releasing the clutch and start to feed throttle again. That sets off the flow again. WOT lay waste in the muffler is re-fired with a push out the back. Back-pressure is fresh air to help flame that out the pipe, which I think is about 9" deep from the tip of the exhaust back up inside is that re-ignition and/or pop she poops a little flame is the after-noise like thunder and lightening?

:poke: Light wave is faster than sound wave travel.

I have an un-chromed custom made pipe(s) with burn marks around the outside of the pipe that match the other cylinder's exhaust [straight] pipe. That is where I see a heat ring 'exchange' about 9" up the pipe. So, it is an unscientific guess. There is no spark in the pipe anywhere, so that flame has to be lit [fireball] or it is on a pre-lit heat molten liquid range [no oxygen in the exhaust] that moves down the pipe and somehow ignites in flames out the tailpipe once it meets some oxygen again to show flames.

There has to be a way the ball of fire moves in steps. I may be mis-stepping, but some of that popping has to speak the science somehow in the physical world.

thanks guys yall been a big help 2BUSA what u said makes alot of since ,but u lost me about half way thru lol thanks guys this is an awesome site

Back