aftermarket fi/ecm/cdi

flylower

Registered
hi and safe riding to all of you ! does anyone know where to get an aftermarket brain that is plug and play for the 08 busa engine ?

the 08 engine is in my mini buggy. it appears that the ecm is damaged and will not energize the fuel pump or provide spark. i believe that it was reflashed before i purchased the engine and wiring harness. the O2 sensor had been taken out of the circuit and replaced with a resistor. i am now looking for a replacement ecm and also a way to tune the engine with my aftermarket exhaust and air filter. any suggestions ?

Contact Golden Child (daniel) at cloud 9 for a used ecm. Contact smithabusa for reflash info. Both easy guys to deal with, and know their stuff. Good pricing too. As far as I know standalone ecm's available, but very pricy.

the 08 engine is in my mini buggy. it appears that the ecm is damaged and will not energize the fuel pump or provide spark. i believe that it was reflashed before i purchased the engine and wiring harness. the O2 sensor had been taken out of the circuit and replaced with a resistor. i am now looking for a replacement ecm and also a way to tune the engine with my aftermarket exhaust and air filter. any suggestions ?

still has the oem ingition switch in the harness?

no, i sent the harness to downs engineering in california and he stripped the harness down to just what i needed for a momentary start/on switch and eliminated the gear position and tip over sensors. i had the engine running many times with the aftermarket fuel pump and regulator. it ran extremely rich. it ran on the trailor just before we unloaded it for its maiden voyage out into the dunes and then----------------nothing. no 3 second fuel pump, no spark. traced all the wires again and again according to the maintenance manual and all is where it should be. checked the ecm for connections. traced the power and nothing out of the pin that runs the fuel pump.

yes, that is part of downs engineering rebuild of my stock harness. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe the engine will start if the resistor hasn't been installed.

yes, that is part of downs engineering rebuild of my stock harness. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe the engine will start if the resistor hasn't been installed.
that is correct. I have had a couple of Gen1 ecu's that out of the blue would not trip the fuel pump relay but you could bypass it but no spark that is new.

Back