another busa problem!

kingbusa

Registered
Hi Guys,
I have a 08 busa with 617 miles on it. I left my bike in the garage for about a month and when I tried to star the bike it won't fire up. So I had to use the jumper cable from my car to start the bike and it worked. I let the engine run for about 15 minutes. Then two days later, I tried to start the bike and it won't even cranked. It made a stutering noise so I stopped and used the jumper cable again and it didn't work. It even make it worse, the second time I turned the key on there was nothing on. I mean everything is dead no power at all.
SO I though maybe the battery, I went to get a new set of battery and still no power at all when I turned the key. Any idea of maybe I burned something inside the wiring?
HELP!!!

I am just throwing out ideas. Did you have the car running when you jumped the bike? If you use a car, dont start it.

Check the ignition fuse and see if it is blown.

+1 ignition fuse

Yes I had the car running. My nesxt guess is hopefully the fuse which I will be checking it tonight. But it's kinda a B**ch to get acces to it. It's inside the plastic under the left handle bar right?
Thanks for the input guys...

A car alternator puts out too much voltage for the electronics on the bike. Check all of your bike's fuses and please don't do it again. That mistake cost me a $400 ignition module on my first street bike. It didn't have fuses like modern bikes have.

Theres also a fuse on the left side of the battery, mine blowed and none of the gages would light up, replaced that fuse and she fired right up!

Sounds like the main fuse on the the starter solenoid is blown, it should be a 30 amp fuse!

ezduzit and gixxerhp you guys right and thanks for pointing out where the 30 amp fuse is. It works...now I gotta go buy the 30 amp spare to put it back where it belong just in case..

Next time, use the car battery without the car running. Just in case anyone is stranded needing a jump is for emergency use only.

ezduzit and gixxerhp you guys right and thanks for pointing out where the 30 amp fuse is. It works...now I gotta go buy the 30 amp spare to put it back where it belong just in case..

Mine when out and had the exact same symtons as yours! glad to help!

Back