speed of blinkers? (not the same)

no cowl

Registered
I have a question about the speed of turn signals (blinker). I ride just about every day and this past week has been a cold one here in FL (30’s in morning, high of 50). I know it is not ‘freezing’ but it has been cold and will put a nice glaze of frost on the bike when the sun comes up. My bike is garage kept, but parked outside at work. I noticed a few days ago that one turn signal is about twice the speed as the other, the four-way (emergency light) blink all four at the slower pace. I don’t mind the speed of the blinks as much but it would be nice if they were the same. I am also concerned that this could be a sign for a bigger problem.

Any advice? Thanks.
:please:

Sounds like you have a bulb out. If one burns out it reduces the resistance of the circuit thus causing the other bulb to blink fast. Also, if you have leds installed, that also reduces the resistance and the result is the same. If you install leds, and you want the slow flash rates, do a search on blinker mod and that will solve the issue.

:whistle: well yea, it was the rear blinker.... :whistle:

I took the bulb out and it was not blown. I will look more at it tomorrow, but any advice on where to start trouble shooting.....

Back