possible kill switch bad ?

Timlake

Registered
Last couple of weeks its been a little cold in florida so not a lot of riding, last time I rode I got caught in rain and now when I go to start I get the "check". After checking the obvious things I put pressure on the kill switch and it fired up and ran as long as I had pressure on it. Let off and it shuts off. I called the "stealership" and they said it sounded like a bad switch but wanted me to bring it in. Since it wont run without holding the switch I would have to trailer it and spend money on them looking at it the switch is $130. I took it apart didnt find any loose wires or rust seemed pretty easy to change but wanted a org. suggestion thanks in advance. Timlake:banghead:

If you have to manipulate the switch to make it run, I would guess it would be a safe assumption. Can you take it apart and check for bad contacts or loose wires? You can them on fleabay for around 40.00. Check with some sponsors too, we can hook you up for less than the stealerships.

Yes I did take it apart no obvious problems I sprayed a little wd-40 on the contacts put it back together but still nothing.

If it were me, based on what you have described, I would replace the switch.

Side note: Also if it were me and I replaced the switch, it would be something else. :laugh:

So I found a whole new right side cluster for $90 and switched them out. Started right up. :thumbsup: Wish I could have gotten a little more response to help me be sure but in the end it was my problem.

Back