Clutch problem

luis rotores

Registered
So here I was riding the busa and suddenly it started to feel weird when I shifted gears. I got to the house and did not gave it to much tought. Next day, when i start the bike to go to work, when i shifted to gear it dies like the clutch was not disengaging. Next day, when I had the time, I started to look around in the forum, the manual, and the bike. The master cilinder looked like it was'nt pushin fluid thru the line, it felt like no pressure where in the system. Today I pulled the slave cilinder and cleaned it up real good with a brush and fresh brake fluid. When I was going to put it back together to see if it work I tried to push the pushrod to see if it had some kind of pressure, but when I push it does not move at all. Is that there is no way I am going to be able to push it or am I having problem with the actual clutch basket or something in that area. I could open the other side and look at it but I want to open it only if I have to, I am station in Japan and it is hard to find oem part, so I have to order them thru the internet and wait for it to get here. Any imput, what you guys think. Should I just put it all back together or am I having an actual problem with maybe the pressure plate spring. Am I over reacting? Thanks in advance.

You seem to explain the pressure is more the problem than any shifting or clutch slip. If you pull the clutch in, it sure does not take much movement to break the plates apart to shift well. But, you mentioned "The master cylinder was'nt pushin the juice thru the line, felt like no pressure in the system," makes me think you found the problem.

If you removed the piston out of the housing, did it come out by itself or did you pump it out? Took pressure to push the piston out, if you see where I'm going with this. You'll need to find a C-clamp, hold the piston in the housing, see if you have pressure at the lever where you cannot move it to the grip kind of test.

We have the lever moving to the grip, then a seal is not doing it's job, where the fluid returns to the master, overrides the collapsed or shrunk seal is one variable. A cut seal is another. You have to eliminate the M/C before moving to the clutch cover and playing on that side is my guess.

So I did like you told me and even with the piton in the slave cilinder held in place by a c clamp, when I pulled the lever is like there is nothing there. So if I undertood you correctly, then is the seals in the slave not working correct? I have it all appart looking maybe for a leak but I did not see anything. So, slave cil correct? Thanks for the help.

No slave..... The Master needs a rebuild of the rubber parts. Holes cleaned, no sanding of metal, just paper towels and brake clean. Assemble new parts with fresh brake fluid.

Cool, I ordered the pieces today, it will be about two weeks before it gets here, but I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for your help:beerchug:

So, I finally got all the parts, and after rebuilding my master cil, and getting a new slave cil, it turned out to be the clutch line. Never passed thru my mind but oh well, is fixed. Figure to let you guys know for future reference. Also thanks again to 2busa for your help and quick replies:beerchug:.

LG

Back