clutch problem i think please help

jpotts345

Registered
ok so my 01 is turned off and i try to move it around my garage,its in 1st gear and i pull the clutch to move it and it wont move wtf.yes i put it in nutral and it moves in nutral anyone no wft this is.seems to be one thing after another with this thing and it onlt has 3000 mi on it thanks

or could it be possable that its so cold outside that somethin froze up i personally dont think so just wishfull thinkin im goin crazy i havent rode it for months :banghead:

Did you check fluid level ? If you can crank it and let it warm up and try it afterwards.

you can try to warm it up to see if it helps....change the fluids (brakes also), make sure the lines are bled good.

Put it in gear and rock it back and forth the clutch plates are probably stuck from sitting.

It's a well known fact that when the oil is cold, the plates stick together and it requires initial effort to move the bike while in gear. Give it another shot. Like someone said, try rocking the thing.

For the same reason, when I start the bike with the rear on the stand and in gear, you pull the clutch and the rear continues spinning. I extend my leg and with a foot try to stop the rear and it takes some effort. But once the bike is warm, no issues. So, if the problem disappears when the bike is warm, then it's just stickiness of the plates. If you have the same problem moving the bike when it's warm, then it would seem you have a real problem.

Let us know.

hopefully its just stuck....if you hear some noise shut ity off imediatly and inspect it..or better yet inspect it anyway

Aim for the fridge in the garage is what I do. Start the bike in 1st gear, clutch lever pulled in. If the bike does no move the instant the bike starts, then someone mentioned oil being the glue to the static push of the bike.

See, the crank and rear wheel broke the lock of the moving friction plates (crank side) and the rear wheel held the (steel plates) stationary.

Just the starter motor alone, would pulse the bike toward the BUD Lites being cooled on the door's shelf. You would not even need to have the bike start up. Just hit the starter in 1st gear. You would know right off if the plates are frozen together, or you need to protein up with the leg squats.

ok well it does move but its hard as **** to move it. ok in 1st gear clutch pull in i push the start button and it jerks foward i cant let it warm up till a lil bit later but i will try so ... big probem ? i hope not ill let u no once i do warm it up thanks alot guys

only 3000 miles on her? new motor or rarely ridden? hopefully the clutch is squared away by now. welcome by the way! :whistle:

Back