at my wits end!!!!

edouble88h

Registered
hello all. one thing after another. i need some help, advice, suggestions. when riding i'll open her up (twist the throttle wide open) she'll sputter a bit and i get nothing when i mean nothing i actually lose speed as if i let out of it (imagine that). if i ease into it she will gain slow and steady up to 110 but then nothing again. i was at a light with a buddy and twisted the throttle wide open and she sputtered a bit then cut off!! started her up did it again and cut off again!!! what causes this? how do i fix it?

What is your scoot? And how many miles?

hello all. one thing after another. i need some help, advice, suggestions. when riding i'll open her up (twist the throttle wide open) she'll sputter a bit and i get nothing when i mean nothing i actually lose speed as if i let out of it (imagine that). if i ease into it she will gain slow and steady up to 110 but then nothing again. i was at a light with a buddy and twisted the throttle wide open and she sputtered a bit then cut off!! started her up did it again and cut off again!!! what causes this? how do i fix it?

We need some more info dude ???

What year is you bike?
How many miles?
What mods do you have?
What repairs and or service
work has been done recently?

We need some more info dude ???

What year is you bike?
How many miles?
What mods do you have?
What repairs and or service
work has been done recently?
What are you running for fuel?

I'd check fuel pump pressure.
1. She starts = Compression.
2. She wants to rev = Spark.
3. Fa Fa, Fuel is... :whistle:
4. Stu pit question, but do we have gas in the tank?

Last edited:
99, 16k miles, full yosh, bmc air filter, pc3, 93 gas. just recently had tank derusted, ecu replaced, was told by the shop that they remapped pc

99, 16k miles, full yosh, bmc air filter, pc3, 93 gas. just recently had tank derusted, ecu replaced, was told by the shop that they remapped pc

If the tank was dirty, rusted...have your fuel pressure checked. Sounds like
you might have a clogged fuel filter, fuel pump, or dirty injectors.

Its a fuel issue. First thing Id check is the pc. Unplug it and see if the problem goes away. Check fuel pump, fuel filter, and injectors too. Is the tailpipe black? Does it backfire alot? How is the fuel mileage? did all this just start happening after you got it out of the shop? If so, take it back to them.

Its a fuel issue. First thing Id check is the pc. Unplug it and see if the problem goes away. Check fuel pump, fuel filter, and injectors too. Is the tailpipe black? Does it backfire alot? How is the fuel mileage? did all this just start happening after you got it out of the shop? If so, take it back to them.

tail pipe isnt black and no backfire. as a matter of fact after i got it out of the shop (remapped pc3, tank derusted, and new ecu) my mpg went down. this has been happening for about the lsat two weeks or so but i havnt been riding it much

Simple things : air filter clear, spark plugs good, fuel filter / injectors ( fuel pressure ). Good luck with the fix. If nothing else drive north a few hours and let John fix it. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have quite a bit of performance mods, needing that technical finesse you may have to find a dyno-certified technician.

How do you know if you need tank derusting? Wait till you have problems and finally figure out its the fuel filter? Then while changing the fuel filter you find rust inside?

Sounds like you have quite a bit of performance mods, needing that technical finesse you may have to find a dyno-certified technician.

How do you know if you need tank derusting? Wait till you have problems and finally figure out its the fuel filter? Then while changing the fuel filter you find rust inside?[/QUOTE

could see quite a bit of rust in the tank so it was something i thought i needed to do. as far as the fuel filter that was the next thing i was going to check out.

Did you contact the shop that did the work to the bike? I would be asking them why it isn't working. How long ago were their hands on the bike?

Did you contact the shop that did the work to the bike? I would be asking them why it isn't working. How long ago were their hands on the bike?

no i have not contacted the shop. to be honest i'm pretty tired of dealing with them. seems like everytime i take it in for one thing i have to take the bike back for something else. case in point.. went in for tank derust and ended up needing to replace the ecu, remap pc, change spark plugs (which i had just done myself), o-rings for throttle body, seal rings for injector

Back