loss in power

davedeez

Registered
I've got an '06 busa with a tre, fullsystem, large air box mod, bmc race filter and a custom map.Dynoed at 171.5 whp and 101.3 ft-lbs. Now for seemingly no reason it is down 20+ hp, but still runs smooth. Does any one have any ideas of what could be wrong?

You have become accustomed to the power and need to upgrade to an 08.:laugh:

Could be the dyno and not the bike?

Actually, the 171 HP with your mods seems a bit high to me? Could be the original dyno that's the culprit? :dunno:

Could be the dyno and not the bike?

Actually, the 171 HP with your mods seems a bit high to me? Could be the original dyno that's the culprit? :dunno:
Now that you mention it, it does seem high. I had an 05 with similar mods and at a Dyno Day at Lees in San Diego, I only got 156 HP which I was told was pretty consistent with others.

Contrary to popular belief, a TRE does NOT give you an added 20hp so the busted TRE theory goes right out the window. :laugh:

Perhaps your butt dyno is just broken?? :laugh:

Both figures were done on the same dyno. The shop where the work was done has a wall with dyno figures with similar mods ranging from 168 to 175 whp.

It was done at Joe's cycle in Mechanicville,NY.He has already ruled out loss of map,compression loss,fuel management.

I rode with friends '07 busa stock and his will walk away form mine.I've got about 80lbs. pn him so we switched and the same result .

Start small,

Air filter, Plugs, Rule out general Maint first.

Last thing you want to do is compare it to your buddies 07, The 07s are the fastest.

===================================================================

000_2739.jpg

I changed the plugs about 5 months ago w/ngk ir's. I own a body shop, thats where the bike is keeped so I clean the filter alot. When I got the bike back the first time it was awesome ,it pulled hard. Again we switched bikes and he felt it was faster, he was clutching wheeles in 3rd.

uhhh...whats a TRE:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

and did some one say Lee's ....:whistle::whistle: bike is probably missing something now.......:whistle::whistle:

Back