New Guy with an issue

gonzo007

Registered
Hello All,

Glad to be part of your forum. Just this monday I picked up an 06 Busa with just under 8k on the clock. Mods are PC3 and 2bros slip on exhaust.

The previous owner and I are stumped with a problem. I bought the bike knowing the speedometer wasn't working. It cycles fine at start up (pins itself then resets), but it didn't record any speed. He and I both came to the conclusion that it was probably the speed sensor. He ordered a new one and we just installed it today.

We put it on and it worked fine for a trip around the parking lot, and then suddenly stopped working again. Now that I rode it back home it was jumping all over the place and recording high.

He said it stopped working a few days after riding home in a rain storm.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to put out all the info I have. Does anyone have any thoughts? The bolt holding the sensor to the housing seems to be pretty tight.

Really open to anything. Thanks in advance for any help.

:welcome::welcome:

well if it worked for a moment after changing sensor... perhaps the connector is dirty?

this thing works on a very very weak signal generated from the primary drive sprocket (a little wheel in there goes by the pickup)

might pull the connector apart and see if fiddling with it makes it start to work again..

may have just started working by coincidence too... but this is easy to start with.. :)

most likely sensor connector like its been said , if not, if you do need a 06 type speedo, PM me i might have one that will fit from an 03 around in my garage, just replace with your needle and gauge, ill give it to you:welcome::welcome:

wd40 all the electricle connections and plug them back together...its what wd40 was actually made for

wd40 all the electricle connections and plug them back together...its what wd40 was actually made for

:whistle:

Water displacement - 40th attempt was concoted as a water displacer to repel water and prevent corosion on metal surfaces ???

:poke: not busting you balls

if it not the connections then you might have to replace the speedo :laugh::laugh: im just trying to clear extra stuff in my garage!:thumbsup:

Back