Won't Start

Kaldari

Registered
I sold my '00 and bought a blue '08 over the summer. I put a new exhaust, power commander, laser jammer, and wiring for radar detector on the bike myself. I know I remember starting it up after putting everything on, and it sounded and ran fine, though I didn't actually ride it.

I've been busy lately so it's been sitting in the garage for about 3-4 months on front and rear stands. Stupid me haven't had the battery tender hooked up to it, so the battery was dead. I jumped it off, but it still won't start. It turns over like a champ, but won't fire. I looked at all the wiring I did, and everything seems connected and fine. I even unhooked the power commander completely and made it stock as far as that bit is concerned to see if it was botching something with the fuel, nothing. I unhooked the fuel like and nothing seems clogged, at least up to that point.

It only has 64 miles on it. I did a few burn in runs before I did all the work. I replaced the oil and filter as I was doing all of it.

I'm not very tech savy as far as troubleshooting engines, just the basics, so any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
mine woulodnt start till the battery was good and charged it would turn over but not fire. left on the charger a lil longer and it fired right up hope that helps

When your fuel pump primes, does it make a low/weak noise? If so, keep priming your fuel pump 20-40 times until the fuel pump sounds loud and normal. Then start it up. I had the same problem with my busa when it was sitting for 4 months. Hope it works GL. :beerchug:

I used a fully charged battery this time, turned the bike on and off 15-20 times to let it prime, and tried again. Pretty much the same thing except this time it sounds like maybe one cylinder was firing. It was a very even, low *bum bum bum bum* as the starter turned over. I tried doing the priming thing a few more times with the same results.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Here's an Audio File of what it sounds like if it helps.

I recorded it with my phone so the quality isn't the best. I started off holding it near gas tank so you could hear it prime. The thud after that is me setting it on a box.

Listened to the clip a few times....

Fouled Plugs?

Last edited:
take the airbox off, and see if some of your cylinders arent sucking air, put your hand on the you might have bad plugs like you thought and just firing on one or two cylinders...

Back