2001 computer swap

TSG

Registered
hello everyone, im hoping someone can help me with a problem.:please:

I have a 2001 model that I have installed a 1397 kit in, now the bike sounds like it has a vacuum leak but I believe all the lines are plugged in. The only thing I dont know about is the bike had a yosh box tune on the stock computer and now has a powercommander (this was installed before the 1397 kit). From what I understand the stock computer would need to be zeroed out back to stock. now the bike did run ok before with the same computer and pc on it before 6.06-126 1/8. Why would this happen? Another ? is from my understanding the 2001 is kind of a bastard year will another year model computer work with it. Any help with this vacuum leak problem would be SSSWWWEEEEEETTT........ I dont think the computer is the problem but at this point im open for anything.
Thanks for the help

You should be able to zero the computer buy removing the PC or using the PC software. My guess is that there may be some more mods or tweeking that will be need for the bike to run better. Double check that everything is hooked up correctly. My question for you is what 1397 kit did you go with and what did it cost? Did you do the work yourself? I ask this because I have the same year model as you do and I am considering doing the same mod myself.

Please explain the PC software??? Does just removing the computer zero it out???
The kit I bought is the brocks 1397 kit, it came with alot of extras that you would end up with anyway the price was pretty fair just go to their site at brocksperformance.com they have excellent customer service and if you have their pipe then they send you the map. I was very pleased with the kit, and did it all myself, but of course it still doesnt run :rofl:. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Your stock ECU does not change, the PowerCommander 'piggy backs' onto the system and is used for tuning...remove the PC...and you are back to stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your stock ECU does not change, the PowerCommander 'piggy backs' onto the system and is used for tuning...remove the PC...and you are back to stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

+111111

You dont zero out the ECU, PC does not make any changes to the actual ECU...it just alters the signal coming out

By saying zero, I am talking about stock map configuration. You can leave the PC connected and still run the stock map? Right! When you zero the PC you will see all zeros on the table. There is even a zero map on the PC disc.

Last edited:
If it was tuned with a yosh box. It will need to be tuned with a yosh box back to zero. The yosh box set the ECU itself.

Yes, the 01 is a bastard year. It is a 16 bit "speed limited" ECU. It will not swap directly for other years. Since they are flashing the 02-07 ECUs now, that would be the best swap. And would involve a 32 bit rotor, which seem to be getting harder to find. The power commander is also a 1 year deal.

Jesus Christ! $4,400 for a 1397 kit! You could have sold the bike and put the $4,400 with it and got a 2009 Busa and come out smelling like a rose with a warranty and new bike. That's a bit steep for a promise of 220hp max. Better off with a turbo system for that price or like I said a Gen II Busa. I am just working the numbers for my self not to discourage you from your project.

Back