front wheel shake

gmvracer

Registered
when I'm running near 40 and let go or lightly hold the bars I get terrible front wheel shake any ideas?

i would first run my hand over the tire and feel for any seperation in the belts. most likely the cause. from my experience at around 7000 miles on the front tire and its starting to seperate and its time to replace it. i was running brigestone stock tire, michelin pilot power and sport, and shinko 003 on my 03 gsxr 1000 and i put 25,000 miles approx. on the bike in only two years, so i was riding the poop out of it

I experienced the same thing. Run it up around 55 and then let of the throttle and let go of the bars. Clip ons would wiggle between 45 and 40, then quit. I had a warped left side rotor that had actually caused the rivets to become loose. After new rotors and pads i still had a bit of a shimmy at the same speeds. New set of tires fixed that.

could it be as simple as the wheel being out of balance, the tread seems to have high and low spots

do you know of any easy way to raise the front off the ground so i could spin the front wheel

I'm betting on tire out of balance or cupped tire, you said it has high and low spots on the tire sound like it is cupped.

Back