Exhaust Dents help...

Highway

Registered
Hello all I just bought a 2000 Hayabusa, its got a Akrapovic exhaust but the last owner lowered the bike verrrry low and two of the pipes are kinda crushed like 30 to 40% is there any one who fixes this mabey a shop or a memeber? I like the exhaust and really dont want to get another, thanks..

only thing I have seen work on pipes that are out of round are hydraulic expander's... and odds are good the pipe will split.. if the thing is less than 50% squashed? I bet it is making virtually no difference in how your bike is running..

only way to fix I bet is to replace..

If it is on the steel section of pipe and If you have a mig welder and sheet metal skills you can cut the sections length wise pound them out on the inside on a sand bag and weld them back together. Takes allot of time but it's free. :thumbsup:

My bud just had to replace his header, fortunately Brock was able to sell just the side that was crushed~!~

He took it to a few shops first to attempt repair and none could fix it...

My bud just had to replace his header, fortunately Brock was able to sell just the side that was crushed~!~

He took it to a few shops first to attempt repair and none could fix it...

Not too many bike shops have those sort of skills any more most swap parts. I work on vintage stuff allot, sometimes there is no part to swap fabrication and repair is a must.

most any shop that welds tubing should be able to cut and replace. trouble is finding a slow enough shop and welder that wants to take a small job like that.

I spoke to a guy who has done it and said it take to much time and he would have to charge at least $300.00, thanks for all the help every one...

I recently had to have some exhaust tips stretched out to fit my midpipes, I took them to a local muffler shop and he was able to stretch the tip very quickly and easily, I would think if its the pipe that is crushed they should be able to slide the pipe onto their expanding machine up to the crushed area and expand it and then move further up the pipe.

It was so quick and easy he didnt even charge me.

Went back a week later and had him install a Duel Flowmaster exhaust system on my Titan ( Take care of the guys that take care of you )

My welder can fix it, tube of Titanium will be needed. Just need the tubes. You would be looking at about $170.00 plus parts. Titanium should be welded in a chamber and he has one. LMK

Hello all I just bought a 2000 Hayabusa, its got a Akrapovic exhaust but the last owner lowered the bike verrrry low and two of the pipes are kinda crushed like 30 to 40% is there any one who fixes this mabey a shop or a memeber? I like the exhaust and really dont want to get another, thanks..

Contact Boricuabusa he had a guy fix his here shortly ago..He said it was super cheap..

My welder can fix it, tube of Titanium will be needed. Just need the tubes. You would be looking at about $170.00 plus parts. Titanium should be welded in a chamber and he has one. LMK

The exhaust is stainless not Ti., thanks..

Back