1st to 2nd Shift Issues

NuckaMan

Registered
I will admit, this issue is partly my fault for the mis-shift, but the problems doesn't happen in other bikes I had in the past. I'm hoping it's not a tranny issue.

1st off- On the Busa, the shift throw between 1st and 2nd seems longer then other sport bikes I've had in the past. is this normal?

What happens is, sometimes, while going from 1st to 2nd, and if I'm riding it hard and over 8K RPM (estimate), it won't shift out of neutral, unless I slow WAAAAAY down, to like 30-40mph, and low RPM. I'm not speed shifting, clutch shifting only.

I'm not sure either I'm not engaging the foot shifter enough to get passed neutral or it's just falling back into neutral.

Anyone have any experience with this?

It could be you, there's also a false neutral between 5th and 6th. You can adjust the linkage but you really have to kick it into 2nd when running hard.

I used to have a problem with a false neutral between 1st and 2nd, Talk about scaring the crap out of you and hoping no one heard :laugh:

Here was my solution.

Bigger shifter peg. It goes into 2nd with no problems now. :whistle:

===================================================================

Spiked bike 009.jpg

It could be you, there's also a false neutral between 5th and 6th. You can adjust the linkage but you really have to kick it into 2nd when running hard.

Ok, that makes me feel a little better about really having to kick it. I'll try adjusting it and see what happens.

To answer the other person's question:

Mine is a 05 with just over 10K on it.

Back