Power Commander III not recognized by computer

tarock

Registered
Recently purchased a used power commander III for 02 busa and I am having a problem with the controller not communicating with my laptop. My laptop seems to not recognize the controller, and for some reason neither the 02 version of software that came with the unit, nor the new program that can be downloaded from power commander seem to have the drivers to allow the unit to be picked up by my laptop. I know the bike must be turned on, so this is not a problem. It only seems that I do not have the drivers, even though I have two versions of the program installed. Is there somewhere I have gone wrong? Thanks again for the help.

Is the engine running or is the key just in the on position?
When you turn the key on do the lights on the box cycle?

If so check/replace your usb cable.

yes the engine is running, and yes the lights on the box cycle. Once the bike is running the lights on the box just read the lowest lean setting.

When i plug the USB cable into the computer it comes up that a device is found, however it does not recognize the device and asks to insert a disk so it can install/drivers. However, my power commander cd has done nothing when I try this.

sounds like it's almost for sure a copmuter problem. Does it have the option to instal the default drivers?

just got off the phone with PC and they sorted out my problem. I guess the previous owner bought a serial port to usb adaptor since most modern laptops do not have the 9 pin serial port. Anyways they said I will need the drivers for the aftermarket usb adaptor so that is my next searching project.

Back