oil leaking

hatchmaster

Registered
so outta nowhere my bike started leaking oil from the gear selecter seal. what would cause this?

its leaking from around the spline shaft where the shifter lever connects. from what i have been told i might have to drop the engine and split the case in order to put a new seal in? is this correct??

the bike is a 06 with 13xxx miles

Looked at Bike Bandit's website, they have very good blow-ups. It looks likeit is serviced from the outside, the part is under $5.00.

Check out this thread, there are lots of good pics there.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/92211-more-shifting-help.html
It could be one of 3 things:
1. The cover for that area has a gasket and that may be leaking.
2. Where the shifting rod comes out of the cover, there is a seal.
Both of those can be replaced with the parts taken off as that thread states.
3. The clutch rod that goes through to the clutch has a seal and yes you have to pull the motor and split the cases for that one.
Try and narrow it down and see which one it is.
Good Luck!

06SUGSX1300RHAYABUSA040.gif

from the looks of it, its number 22 that is the seal i need. im gonna take it apart tomorrow and see whats going on in there.

also is there supposed to be any play in the selector shaft? like side by side movement, cause when i was searching for the leak it had a very little amount of movement when i pulled and pushed it horizontally(sp)

Last edited:
Good luck with it brother :thumbsup: Has the bike ever been dropped as far as you know ?

I would think that is a way to change that without splitting the cases ???

Back