Busa has "hiccups" durring moderate acceleration in 2nd

BlkDrgnZ28

Registered
Well this has been happening the last week or so it started gradually and has been getting worse. When i leave my job after i leave theres some great twisties for a half mile or so along the way home and after i come out of a sweeper towards my straight away i accelerate moderately in 2nd gear maybe like half of its power and its like it hit a redline around 7k, the bike stops for a second then continues forward ??? my big thing that im scared of is that it do this in a corner and do something to make me drop the bike. i don't notice this in first gear and don't usually have the roads avail to hit 7k in third gear or higher btw its a 07 with a lil over 9k miles any suggestions on where i should start looking at?

if it drops out and hits again hard... probably second gear dogs are going south... Old oil can make this a bigger problem so if you are behind on changes, do it... see if it helps..

I have the same issue and it drops out and hits just like you kicked it into gear with the clutch out.. I bought a second transmission to have the Daniel (goldenchild) send out so I can take the bike apart and back together the same day.. (do not want it left open for any amount of time)..

Expect to spend $200 for a used transmission.. I will have my old unit for sale after it is taken out..

Trust me I already did all searching for these symptoms................It is 2nd gear! Mine does it around 7,000 rpm and up while only in second. I plan on finally pulling the trans this winter.

if it drops out and hits again hard... probably second gear dogs are going south... Old oil can make this a bigger problem so if you are behind on changes, do it... see if it helps..

I have the same issue and it drops out and hits just like you kicked it into gear with the clutch out.. I bought a second transmission to have the Daniel (goldenchild) send out so I can take the bike apart and back together the same day.. (do not want it left open for any amount of time)..

Expect to spend $200 for a used transmission.. I will have my old unit for sale after it is taken out..

ouch not exactly the awnser i wanted but thanks what do you mean dogs? probably just easier to replace the whole tranny

The "dogs" are part of the gear set.. (photos to follow, sorry not greatest photos but all I have here is my web cam) the "note angled cut" on image is what the "undercut" does.. forces the gear to stay engaged under load as the ramps on both sides are angled

Options:
1. pull trans, send out, have dogs fixed (about $5 each) and have trans undercut ($100-up depending on how many gears you have done.. I would suggest all up gears at $300)

2. Purchase used trans and install ($200-$400) and IMHO not the best idea, you could end up with same issue shortly..

3. Purchase used trans, have undercut, install.. what I am doing.. least amount of down time and engine/trans will not lay open for a week or more

(how many guys got a busa transmission laying under their desk today? :rofl: ) or is it just me...

trans.jpg

Last edited:
hmm kinda sucks but not much i can do it just kinda sucks since this is my daily driver for the time being ... well kinda my excuse to go pick up my honda ruckus that i've been wanting for goofing off around my neighborhood or to work ... or a cage don't really want one of those though

well im since im gonna have to drop some coin on the tranny does anyone do a decent undercut around daytona beach like jacksonville, orlando don't really want to go as far as miami, or am i just better off sending it out for cutting? and anyone got a tranny their looking to sell? im gonna check for sale stuff but just asking

There are only a few places "nationwide" that get the thumbs up that I know of.. PM Goldenchild... he will get you hooked up with a good one..

Back