Temperature Needle will not move!!!

Boyer

Registered
My 06 Busa's temperature needle stays put at the very bottom of the temperature gauge. When I turn on the bike, all the other needles dance, even the red LED in the temperature gauge lights up, and then turns off. All my fuses seem fine, and the radiator fan turns on while idling, but I cannot figure out what is happening with that gauge. Do I need a new sending unit? Is it that my needle somehow became unconnected to the gauge? How can I find out, and has this happened to anyone else?

Boyer, it sounds like you are saying the your temp guage isn't tracking when the cluster does its self check (when you turnt he key). Pull the cluster (Upper inners will have to come out so that you can get to the bolts on the lower outside of the cluster - then disconnect the cluster from the main harness. If you can, clean both the cluster and connecter with contact cleaner - then look at the harness for any pulled, broken, cut, wires - If you have downloaded the book or if someone can tell you the coloc of the temp sensor wiring - then focus there - but I am thinking the cluster might be the problem. do you live near anyone else who could swap clusters just to see if it the bike side or the cluster?

Thanks, i will give your advice a try and let you know what happens with the cluster wiring.

I removed the instrument cluster, and I cleaned the contact and connector. The temperature gauge still does not move. Not even during the diagnostic start up. Could this be a problem with the Temperature gauage? The LED will light up at start-up, and the bezel also lights up behind the temperature gauge.

Back